- Harleen Quinzel is granted a gymnastics scholarship to Gotham University
- Changes her field of study to Psychology hoping to make a name for herself
- Nearly fails her classes, seduces her professor, graduates with highest possible marks
- Hired on as a first year intern at Arkham Asylum
- Eventually allowed to hold private sessions with the Joker
- Falls in love with him creating the Harley Quinn persona to be with him and help him escape
- Spends the next few years living with and assisting the Joker in his crimes
- Eventually befriends Poison Ivy who convinces her that she needs to leave him
- Is injected with antitoxins to give immunity to Ivy's poisons
- Goes on massive crime spree with Ivy and nearly defeats Batman together
- Returns to Arkham Asylum and kept from seeing Joker
- Is declaired legally sane and allowed to leave
- Becomes frustrated with failed attempts to re-enter society, returns to Harley Quinn persona and goes back to the Joker's side
Where it not for her obsession with the Joker, Harley could be a normal member of the community. However, her deeply rooted facination with him overrides not only her better judgement but basically every motive in her life. Formerly a fame-hungry student, bending the rules to become a doctor and get hired on at Arkham to make a name for herself; Harley indeed created a name, costume, and persona to match. Now a criminal and convinced that she will one day be the wife of one of Gotham's most notorius madmen - whether he likes it or not. Still, she's willing to do anything and everything for her "puddin'" so long as he returns her affections with a smile.
Occasionally her better judgement will prevail and she'll turn her back on the loonatic madman of her dreams, however this usually this just ends up with Harley following Poison Ivy around Gotham doing the same sort of things she does in the company of the Joker. Her attempts to fly solo are actually usally very successful, but in the end she always seems to trade it all to return to Arkham so she can be in the same building with ol' "Mistah J".