|MessageRed = TwistedMUCK is currently down!
|MessageRed = TwistedMUCK is currently down!
|MessageWhite = Due to issues beyond our control TwistedMUCK is currently inaccessible.<br />
We will be back as soon as possible. |+|
|MessageWhite = Due to issues beyond our control TwistedMUCK is currently inaccessible.<br />.
==Welcome to TwistedMUCK!==
==Welcome to TwistedMUCK!==
Revision as of 01:18, 21 March 2017
||TwistedMUCK is currently down!
Due to issues beyond our control TwistedMUCK is currently inaccessible.
Please visit us on our Discord Server for the most up to date information.
Welcome to TwistedMUCK!
Twisted is a text-based role playing game where anything can happen. Players find themselves in a world where anime, video game, and comic book characters can live and interact. The world of Twisted was created as a safe haven from the chaotic wastelands that surround it and acts as a multiverse hub where people and places have been taken from their original worlds and connected as a large multi-themed location. Ever wanted to escape from reality behind the eyes of your favorite character or live out fantastical adventures with characters you've created yourself? Now's your chance.
For more details about the places and people of Twisted simply visit our website or log on and speak with any of our helpful staff. Remember, there's a million stories to be told. It's up to you to write yours...
News and Updates
There are currently 899 posted logs. TwistedMUCK runs off of ZetaMUCK 2.1-r38
- May 17th, 2018:
- Note: Welcome to the new age of Twisted, officially called the Heavenly Shift Arc. Please see the timeline and location pages for more details! Older logs have been renamed and grouped under the Unification Arc heading as a result.
- April 4th, 2018:
- Note: An update looms on the horizon blocked only by time and availability. A resurgence of things past while Twisted moves forwards. A gathering darkness once more united. Please join us on Discord to more information and stay tuned to this space for updates.
- March 22nd, 2017:
- Note: After a very long maintenance period, things are back to working order again!
- March 18th, 2017:
- Warning: TwistedMUCK is currently down due to incremental weather and server issues!
- June 1st, 2016:
- Note: A Work-in-progress Plot Generator has been added to the right-hand menu to assist in the creation of storylines. Please test it out and provide feedback.
- May 8th, 2016:
- Note: Our sister multiverse MU* NeoTokyo MUCK now has a new wiki!
For the moment many sections are using text and features from TwistedMUCK. Help us out by clicking around and seeing what breaks. Find something out of place or spy a feature you'd like to see on Twisted's wiki? Let us know!
- April 2nd, 2016:
- Note: Animated gifs are now an available option for icons. All existing .png icons have been converted and reuploaded. Please remember that file sizes need to be kept at 100x100 for icons.
- January 4th, 2016:
- Note: Specifics regarding non-humanoid characters have been added to our rules.
- December 20th, 2015:
- Note: Twisted's new city Neo Edo is now open. It can be accessed via Plowse Bridge from Twisted Street - One Way. More information will be made available soon.
- December 7th, 2015:
- Note: The Statistics section of our application has been replaced with a Threat Assessment system. All existing character profiles will need to be updated. Please visit Character Threat Level for more information.
- November 9th, 2015:
- Note: Our rules have been updated regarding factions.
- October 24th, 2015:
- Note: The wiki and many systems have been updated.
- Note: A new profile system has been added for posters. Visit your user pages for more information.
- Note: Comments can now be posted on logs.
- October 11th, 2015:
- Note: A new section has been added to the rules covering the character acclimation period for new players.
- October 8th, 2015:
- Note: We've added a Theme Music tab to profiles to allow people to list theme songs or playlists for their characters. For instructions on how to do this, please visit: Theme Music.
- August 9th, 2015:
- Note: Our Noteworthy NPCs page has been updated to include a new way of categorizing NPC listings and additional information.
- July 4th, 2015:
- Note: Because of current events, random monsters have been unleashed ICly on Twisted. An ongoing list of common NPC monsters has been added to the IC menu. Participation is optional.
- June 14th, 2015:
- Note: To clarify recent questions a section elaborating on banned characters/concepts has been added to our rules. Please be sure you've read over it before asking questions.
- Note: Our Character Statistics chart has been slightly reworded to help avoid confusion among new players.
- May 11th, 2015:
- Note: Help files added for In-game Commands.
- Note: Economy and Entertainment sections added to Theme and Setting.
- May 8th, 2015:
- Note: To clarify recent questions a section specifically detailing our policy for multiple characters has been added to our rules. Please be sure you've read over it before asking questions.
- October 12th, 2014:
- Note: Some minor changes have been made to our rules. It is recommended all players read over it to refresh themselves on the current rules and policies.
- July 26th, 2014:
- Warning: Our chat system been upgraded. All players will need to rejoin channels. Please see
@chan for help.
- July 19th, 2014:
- Note: Pueblo port has been fixed!
- Note: Database upgraded from ProtoMUCK 2.0b9.12.3 to ZetaMUCK 2.1-r38.
- Note: Theme and Setting and Reference Guide Added.
- April 16th, 2014:
- Note: The application requirement for making new characters has been suspended until January 1st, 2015! Create a new character by logging on and using the
@pmake command. Be sure to fill out the requested info or you may be mistaken for a bot and removed.
- October 11th, 2013:
- Note: Our new affiliate program has gone live! Read more about it in our side menu.
- July 17th, 2013:
- Note: Apartment code has now been implemented in-world. Visit the Integra's Arms to see it in action and claim a new home.
- Warning: Our rules page has been updated reguarding logging. Please be sure you read over it.
- July 7th, 2012:
- Warning: An issue with the special Pueblo Port has been discovered where room descriptions don't display properly. While this is being investigated Pueblo users please use the standard port 4242 while connecting.
- February 20th, 2012:
- Warning: Our rules page has been updated. Please be sure you read over it.
- February 17th, 2012:
- Note: All 2010 logs have been added from the LiveJournal Community!
- February 15th, 2012:
- Note: Who's Online, the Userlist, and the public +bboards are now accessible from the wiki.
- February 14th, 2012:
- Note: All 2011 logs have been added from the LiveJournal Community!
Random Featured Article
Twisted Street - Another Way
Following the Twisted Street past the random houses to the west of the center leads you to what was once a small shopping district just on the edge of the wastelands. As the barrier keeping the City of Twisted was removed, chaos flooded forth from the Wastelands. Crumbling remains of buildings, with the occasional stubborn homeless living inside them, litter both sides of the street. As you get further away from stability the buildings give way to rows of doors jutting out of the ground as if trying to break free. From here continuing into the Wastelands is obviously a bad idea. Proceed there at your own risk.
A listing of characters who have appeared in logs recently and are considered active. For a complete list of characters who have appeared on Twisted, please visit Category:Characters.