Skip to content

Atmosfear Comic Con Predictions

A place to discuss upcoming official Atmosfear games and projects!

Atmosfear Comic Con Predictions

Postby Nons » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:43 am

Hijinx announced the new Atmosfear games at last year's San Diego Comic Con, and this year's set is slowly approaching

I was wondering what all your predictions are if Hijinx/Cowboys appear again this year to talk about the new games?
In order of most to least likely, mine are:

-They do show up to talk about the upcoming games
-The release date stays at September 1st 2019
-It's Gevaudan themed
-It's App Based
-Brett/Phill return to the forum for another Q&A
-With multiple games being announced, the one after Gevaudan is Hellin themed
-Wenanty Nosul returns as the Gatekeeper in some form

What do you think?
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Re: Atmosfear Comic Con Predictions

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am

I imagine the subsequent games will be Gevuadan and Hellin themed (unsure of which order). Every iteration of the franchise started with the Gatekeeper and followed with other characters. Brett isn't involved with the franchise anymore (unless there is something I don't know).
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Atmosfear Comic Con Predictions

Postby marr0w » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Seems more like a wishlist than a list of predictions, Nons - but that's just me splitting hairs. I've got a feeling if the original team is no longer involved directly we'll see more new, original characters as hosts - or just a bunch of variations with the Gatekeeper hosting exclusively.

As much as I'd like to see Gevaudan and Hellin, they're not the best characters for hosts of a traditional Nightmare/Atmosfear. An asexual werewolf and a poltergeist we assume possesses a doll (based on the artwork) are going to be expensive and complicated to do properly and it'd be far easier to bring in some new rotting faces.

Now, ignoring all logic, maaaaan I would love to see Hellin done super creepy. Maybe make a child's bedroom in CG and during the countdown sequence the stuff in the room begins to move more and more until it becomes a grand tornado or something like the film Poltergeist with orbs of light flowing around. Have her doll fly into view and hover there when she's speaking and the damage done to it's face gets worse as the game goes on revealing maggots or something underneath...

It'd either take a very talented artist to pull off or a team with a very good budget, but I'm not holding my breath.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to New and Upcoming Games