Skip to content

Atmosfear - Interactive Version

A place to discuss upcoming official Atmosfear games and projects!

Atmosfear - Interactive Version

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:23 pm

MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Atmosfear - Interactive Version

Postby Nons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:48 am

What in the world?..
I'm calling fake, or best case scenario it's not the new game.
Mostly due to Phill confirming it's not a remake, and sanity still not showing new artwork.

Still sounds hella interesting though! If I wasn't saving up for Comic Con I'd take one for the team
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby Nons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:46 am

Did some digging, and this actually looks to be part of the upcoming games, or at least a hypeup for them. It's a legit game, and was released this year

https://creativewholesaleonline.com.au/ ... -game.html

"Remember the old VCR game Nightmare in 1991 then AtmosFear DVD game after 1995? Well now in 2019 we have the Interactive version relaunch of the game! The aim of Atmosfear is to collect a key from each of the six regions of the board before heading to the "Well of Fears" in the center and attempting to draw your fear from among those of your opponents in order to win the game. This must be done before 49 minutes pass, or all players lose automatically.
The Gatekeeper will frequently appear and causes problems for any or all of the players. Just like its predecessor, Atmosfear makes for stressful play -- players rush to take their turn and pass on the dice as quickly as possible before the Gatekeeper appears and calls on them!

More info available soon on how this interactive version will work!

Features:

Includes 1 x Atmosfear Interactive Edition
Download the App for the game!
Watch out for the Gatekeeper!
More info available soon on how this interactive version will work!"
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:12 am

Good find. Based on that, I found this. If this website is correct, it doesn't launch until August 30th...

https://toyshoponline.com.au/board-game ... -game.html
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:47 am

If that's the one that releases on August 30th then I'm worried... The one I've been watching on sanity releases September 1st, meaning it's likely that this is the definite new game.

I'm happy to play it because it means the franchise isn't dead and there's a chance we get 1080p/updated CG, but it hits close to the fine line of "won't be a rerelease"

That being said, the listing on sanity is $80aud so it may be that 2 games are being released at the same time
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby Nons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am

On further thought, with the different dates, different prices, and Phill stating they were wrapping up filming, then I'll believe that we have 2 separate games coming simultaneously
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am

Well that's interesting. It doesn't make sense to launch two niche products like this at the same time, so there's a good chance they rehired David Whitney for the new game. We can also see that they did go the app route, although I couldn't find anything on the Android app store (prob cuz it's not yet released). Good find guys.

If another one surfaces, I'll happily grab it. :) I entertain fantasies that I have the most complete collection of unique official games in the series and I want that to continue.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm

DarkWolff wrote: I entertain fantasies that I have the most complete collection of unique official games in the series...

Okay, now you've got me curious. What games do you have?
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Nightmare
Nightmare 2
Nightmare 3
Nightmare 4
Atmosfear 4 (there are different decks for Time cards, a totally different Chance deck, and modified rules for Vampires)

Atmosfear: Harbingers
All booster tapes
Soul Rangers
Ultimate Conflict
The Third Dimension
Card Game

Atmosfear: Gatekepper
Khufu

Plus DVDs of all VHS tapes
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Wow. Hahah. Okay, you win. The way you'd put it I just had to ask. Personally I need an official copy of Soul Rangers, the card game, and an original copy of Third Dimension at this point just to have all the standard releases. I have DVDs of the VHS tapes myself simply because of awesome anonymous people who gifted me ISOs a long time ago.

SPEAKING OF, and I know I'm totally derailing this thread with this whole conversation, I made my own DVD sleeves for Nightmare I-IV and the Atmosfear games. Anyone interested in them being uploaded?
Attachments
Custom-Thumb.png
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Next

Return to New and Upcoming Games