Skip to content

WEBSITE IS BACK- FIRST LOOK AT THE GATEKEEPER

A place to discuss upcoming official Atmosfear games and projects!

Re: WEBSITE IS BACK- FIRST LOOK AT THE GATEKEEPER

Postby Vicious » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Nons wrote:I'm from the UK but it won't let me D: Curse you for your +1 timezone!! :lol:

:lol: Sorry buddy
I tried several times throughout the day and I'm still stuck on the loading screen, I don't know if it's because of my crappy internet connection or something else.
"EH L'AFFREUX, J'TE BRANCHE !?"
Vicious
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:41 pm

There was an update today, making it version 5 (not sure what it was before). Only changes were bug fixes.

EDIT: It appears it's been released? Sanity shows it as out of stock for 5-10 days, but the other retailers listed on the Instagram account don't list it at all.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:06 am

I got the App finally, the Gatekeeper hasn't even shown up yet!!

Past the loading screen there's 30 seconds of black screen with a little ambient music, then the harbingers select menu, 2 minutes of black screen again, then the timer!

This whole process has been an absolute shit show, they better not be No-Mans-Sky'ing this :shock:
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 am

I managed to get it installed and so far it's working for me. I saw the intro video and the character select screen. Loading times are pretty bad so I haven't gotten past that yet. Maybe the loading screen is a one time thing after first running the app but we'll see how it goes! The ambient music is pretty good.

Edit: After loading it seems to work fine.

Edit 2: He seems show up a lot in the beginning of the game.

Edit 3: I've had one instance of the Gatekeeper not showing up and one instance of the same video playing close to each other. I don't think it's fair to compare this to No Man's Sky considering that game involved lots of lies and hype. This game had neither.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Lady LambdaDelta » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:58 am

So I have the new app too (and a sister in australia who might send me the game) and as far as I can tell so far from the app, doesn't it seem kind of like.... the 2003 DVD game?

Like most of the random events I have seen are basically ripped from that. To the point where I feel I could play this game on my 2003 game's board.

The Time cards are the main issue, especially since the app runs down from 52 minutes instead of 49.

Anyone own a copy of the new board game? Are the time cards much different?
Lady LambdaDelta
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Lady LambdaDelta wrote:So I have the new app too (and a sister in australia who might send me the game) and as far as I can tell so far from the app, doesn't it seem kind of like.... the 2003 DVD game?

Like most of the random events I have seen are basically ripped from that. To the point where I feel I could play this game on my 2003 game's board.

The Time cards are the main issue, especially since the app runs down from 52 minutes instead of 49.

Anyone own a copy of the new board game? Are the time cards much different?

I'm not quite sure if it's been released or not. I've only seen it for sale on one website and it says it's out of stock for 5-10 days. The game actually does use the board from the first DVD game, so depending on the time cards, it may be possible to play on the old board.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:00 pm

A store in Spain has pre-orders open.

https://www.goblintrader.es/last-level- ... 00001.html
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:08 am

Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm

So I received a copy of the new game at lunch today. I opened it up but haven't fully gone through it yet. Here are the things I noticed right off the bat.

• The board is the same as the DVD version but is also smaller. The play area was scaled down maybe 5% and made square. Other than that it seems the same.
  • All the molds are exactly the same. Characters, well, key rack, and keys are the same. The plastic on the characters is hard as opposed to the slightly soft ones from the DVD. One more annoyance is the key racks don't seem to have stickers. This will make playing in the optimal conditions harder.
  • The cards are really nice. I like the backs and we finally have rounded corners. I haven't gone through the decks but the Time card deck looks smaller than the DVD game (prob a good thing).
  • The box is much smaller...about the same as Soul Rangers. There is no dedicated area to hold the keys, but otherwise I don't see any other drawback.
  • Rules are in black & white as opposed to color like the DVD version.

Other than the cards everything is definitely interchangeable with the DVD version, though I'd use the DVD key racks instead. I'll be looking through the cards later tonight.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby TheResidentEvil » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:13 am

Thank you for the update. I'm dying to know which cards :oops: are different or not used.
TheResidentEvil
Numbskull
Numbskull

PreviousNext

Return to New and Upcoming Games