Skip to content

Michael Lira: The AWESOME musician behind the app relaunch

A place to discuss upcoming official Atmosfear games and projects!

Michael Lira: The AWESOME musician behind the app relaunch

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am

I noticed no-one really giving this much of a mention when the Atmosfear app first released, but I thought I’d provide a quick profile on the Australian composer who made the music, Michael Lira.

HIS WORK IS AMAZING :!:

I made myself familiar with his almost avant-grade heavy metal alias “Darth Vegas” well beforehand after binging on Mr. Bungle, before finding Lira’s first known alias “Vicious Hairy Mary” which is as old as 1999 (and in particular, would’ve been a great fit for a Hellin VHS add-on if it ever got made)!

He’s worked in film, TV and a few virtual reality game projects, winning awards left right and centre for his truly unique sound. I can’t speak for his work on the app itself but if you’re curious, I highly recommend you check out his wider portfolio of music via his website :arrow: http://www.michaellira.net/excerpts.html
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: Michael Lira: The AWESOME musician behind the app relaun

Postby Nons » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:14 pm

I tried so hard to rip the App Music, but it's not anywhere in the files!!
Regardless, Atmosfear seem to have a track record of wonderful composers-
I messaged Felicity Fox (DVD games) earlier this year, placing a £100 bounty on the raw soundtrack files. She couldn't find them, but was so kind, and passionate about her work on it!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Nons wrote:I tried so hard to rip the App Music, but it's not anywhere in the files!!
Regardless, Atmosfear seem to have a track record of wonderful composers-
I messaged Felicity Fox (DVD games) earlier this year, placing a £100 bounty on the raw soundtrack files. She couldn't find them, but was so kind, and passionate about her work on it!

Yeah, about that "nowhere in the files" thing...I may or may not have done another soundtrack do. Okay, make that FOUR soundtrack dos.

Will update the day after tomorrow at the absolute latest :shock:
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Nons » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:44 pm

BonsaiTreehouse wrote:Yeah, about that "nowhere in the files" thing...I may or may not have done another soundtrack do. Okay, make that FOUR soundtrack dos.

Will update the day after tomorrow at the absolute latest :shock:

Mark me down as Hyped!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Same here. I love the soundtracks for these games!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:15 pm

https://youtu.be/H7CNn5FSGi0

@BonsaiTreehouse- do you know if the music for this ad is in the game itself? It didn't sound like anything I heard when playing it, and it's really good
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:26 pm

Nons wrote:https://youtu.be/H7CNn5FSGi0

@BonsaiTreehouse- do you know if the music for this ad is in the game itself? It didn't sound like anything I heard when playing it, and it's really good

Unlike most of the other TV ads for past Atmosfear games, the music in this one sounds wholly original and does not appear in the game itself. (See this upload I did of the complete app music for direct comparison's sake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aAIKgwLC8 )

Quality wise, the ad music sounds to me like it was made in a rush too. Rote and generic imo, there's a brief but awkward gap in between at least one camera edit and at points, it feels more appropriate to Khufu the Mummy
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Return to New and Upcoming Games