Skip to content

Nightmare 1 Video Transcript Complete!

Announcements from the Well of Fears staff.

Nightmare 1 Video Transcript Complete!

Postby Arjak » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Hey, everyone. I recently got an account on the Well of Fears wiki so I could help out with the site, and I'm proud to announce that I've finished my first major addition to the site: The video transcript for Nightmare 1, which previously only covered the first five minutes, has been finished.

Using a Youtube video of the first game's tape, I transcribed word for word (to the best of my ability) every interaction with the Gatekeeper all the way to the end of the game. It's not perfect. I still have no idea what The Gatekeeper is saying during the thunderclap when he first starts screaming at the Chosen One for getting too close to him, but besides that, I think it's pretty close to being definitive.

Enjoy!
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: Nightmare 1 Video Transcript Complete!

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks for doing that! Did you mark the parts you are unsure of?
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Arjak » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 pm

No problem! The only part I was unsure of is the one I mentioned, where the thunderclap obscures the Gatekeeper's shouting at the Chosen One. I probably should've marked it better, though. If anyone has any idea what he is saying during that thunderclap, please tell me so I can add it in.
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby marr0w » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 pm

"Come closer so that I can show you...."

No matter how many time I play this game I hear the words, "YOUR PUNY!!" However, according to one of the time cards the line in question is "MY FURY!" The smart bet is to follow what the printed materials state - especially considering I also have always heard him pronounce "THE BLACK HOLE" as "THE BLACK 'OLE!!"

At 19:20 You and I are going to scare 10 year's growth off the Chosen One. Here's how: Wait for the Chosen One to leave it's seat then sneak up behind it. When you hear the words "...so I can show you MY FURY!" you will SCREAM. If you can scare the Chosen One, you can take it's key!

Return to the back of pack if time has expired.

The attached scan is 800 x 437 in case anyone needs a high quality copy. Also keep up the good work, Arjak!
Attachments
time card - my fury.png
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby megadude » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:36 pm

marr0w wrote:"Come closer so that I can show you...."

No matter how many time I play this game I hear the words, "YOUR PUNY!!" However, according to one of the time cards the line in question is "MY FURY!" The smart bet is to follow what the printed materials state - especially considering I also have always heard him pronounce "THE BLACK HOLE" as "THE BLACK 'OLE!!"

At 19:20 You and I are going to scare 10 year's growth off the Chosen One. Here's how: Wait for the Chosen One to leave it's seat then sneak up behind it. When you hear the words "...so I can show you MY FURY!" you will SCREAM. If you can scare the Chosen One, you can take it's key!

Return to the back of pack if time has expired.

The attached scan is 800 x 437 in case anyone needs a high quality copy. Also keep up the good work, Arjak!

I always heard him say "the black hoe" ahahahha
Welcome to THE OTHER SIDE!!!
megadude
Young One
Young One

Postby Arjak » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks for the help, Marr0w! I've inserted the line in its proper place in the transcript. With that out of the way, I'd say that the Nightmare I transcript is now finished!

I recently got a copy of Nightmare II. After I get a chance to play it, I'll start on the transcript for that.
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Return to Annoucements