Skip to content

Atmosfear : The Sourcebook

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Atmosfear : The Sourcebook

Postby GACProductions » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 pm

So.. I'm sure we've all searched for it.. Yeah yeah. I really just want to know the enhanced rules.. I am currently Enchanging Email with the two creaters of this game. One of them is really quick with Emails.. The Other, Not so much. Both really cool guys.. As far as atmosfear : the sourcebook, I'm trying to get at least a copy of the text involving the enhanced rules.. I'll let you know how this goes.. I really wish I could get this book.. I guess it kinda makes the game customizable. Anyone else have any luck?
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Re: Atmosfear : The Sourcebook

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:26 pm

We had a few interviews with them here years ago (well, I wasn't a member then unfortunately) but one of the topics was the Sourcebook. Here's the quotes.

MARR0W> What happened to the "Atmosfear: the Source Book" that was advertised with Atmosfear: The Harbingers?

Phillip> I don't think we ever completed the source book. Many things were started but not necessarily finished as we tried to focus on the the things that really mattered.

Exulus> archerave asks, "what happened to the source book, and what was in it?" Exulus adds, "will it be released?"

Phillip_Tanner> This was never released and will never be released in that last form. We might do something similar for the new game.

Oh, also, I don't want to bug the creators, but could you ask them if they could shed any more light on the TV series or the cell phone game? Thanks!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GACProductions » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

As for the phone game.. I'm sure that is a lost cause.. I will ask about that and the TV show.. But currently in the works is a "social media app" I'm guessing some type of Facebook app.. I didn't want to press for too much as when I was speaking the creators of the game were in the midst of their reunion. I know I'm foaming at the mouth for more info. I hope the come up with an interactive online component. But anything new will work for me.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh, they're working together again? Excellent! Thanks for asking as well!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:20 am

Oh wow, they are together again? Here's to hoping for another game in the series.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GACProductions » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 am

Yeah.. Just talked to Phillip a while ago and he mentioned again that VHS and DVD are dated. However Brett seems pretty busy with his film production.. He does filming for real estate. Both pretty down to earth guys who geniunely enjoy thier projects.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby GACProductions » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:00 am

Ok.. Got the Final word.. This book does not exist. The deal was done, but the project never completed. So, It was never printed.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 pm

GACProductions wrote:Yeah.. Just talked to Phillip a while ago and he mentioned again that VHS and DVD are dated. However Brett seems pretty busy with his film production.. He does filming for real estate. Both pretty down to earth guys who geniunely enjoy thier projects.

VHS surely is dated but DVD? It is being slowly phased out by Blu-ray and digital downloads I guess. I wonder how future Atmosfear projects will go then if not on a disc of some sort, unless we've moving to Blu-ray. The social networking thing has me worried because, as I said before, I won't be able to own a copy of it... :?
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GACProductions » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 pm

That is a worry of mine as well.. Especially if it's a self contained game.. That's more like a video game then the Nightmare series.. Plus, what happens in our lifetime when that form of interaction is Phased out. The support for the same goes with it? Like when SegaTV got dropped? Or the Online games for the Dreamcast.. Nah. I'd rather have a tangable item that plays consistantly and can SURVIVE 20 years like my Nightmare/Atmosfear games. I was somewhat suprised at the term "dated" as well.. But then I though, when was the last time I bought one? Give or take a couple rare jems here and there.. It's been about 2 years.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby GACProductions » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:24 pm

What I don't get is why they don't capitalize on the reduced cost of making an Atmosfear title... Basicly, with digital downloads what they are, you can fit an atmosfear add on into a deck of cards. Basicly, All the time and fate cards and a card with the digital download code. Once you have a Master set... Bam... They could CRANK those out faster then ever. Shit, they could even offer two or three videos per host without changing the cards like they did for the Atmosfear boosters. Though the time cards might not work given they are very event specific but you get the Idea.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Next

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)