Skip to content

My Nightmare Experience...

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

My Nightmare Experience...

Postby Arjak » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Hello, everyone. I'm new around here. Nice to meet all of you! :)

I have just recently learned of the Nightmare/Atmosfear series from an online review, and I thought it looked really cool. Upon searching for more info, I discovered this website and became even more intrigued by the series. Because of my interest, I have decided to join this forum and purchase a copy of the original game off eBay.

I have never played Nightmare or any of its sequels before, so besides watching some reviews and a few minutes of the tape on Youtube, I have tried to distance myself from spoiling the entire thing. I have mentioned to my family my desire to play the game with them when it arrives and they seem interested. So when the time comes, I will be posting about my first experience playing the game in this thread. I hope it is at least a little exciting for all of you to hear about my entry into this world, because I am quite pumped. :D
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: My Nightmare Experience...

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Hope you enjoy! It'll be interesting to hear first time opinions on the game.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Same here! Welcome to the forum as well!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Arjak » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys. The game arrived today (which is somewhat amazing, considering I ordered it on August 30th, right before the three day Labor Day weekend, and it has arrived immediately after) and it appears to be in good shape, which means that my first game should happen whenever my folks are ready. I'll let you all know how it goes afterward.
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:58 am

Good luck! If you are getting more that one game I suggest keeping them rotating on which you play. At one time my group played Nightmare 2 so much we mostly had it memorized.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 am

Nightmare 1 and 2 are my favorite of the Nightmare series, but Atmosfear is just a better game all around. We look forward to hearing how it went, for sure!

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:51 pm

I liked the atmosphere (no pun intended) of the first game better than any other game in the series! Harbingers were better made, even the instructions were awesome. Nightmare 1 was definitely still creepier.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Arjak » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Bad news, guys...

Our family game of Nightmare might not happen now, due to an incident which I will not go into here. All that needs to be said is that there is a lot of anger and frustration going on between us, and it caused the game to be indefinitely postponed until things get sorted out, which is a real shame, because we had plans to do it tonight until this incident occurred. :(
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby darkgaizat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 am

Hey, it's just a game. Take care of the important stuff first. We'll be here.

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm

darkgaizat wrote:Hey, it's just a game. Take care of the important stuff first. We'll be here.

darkgaizat

Exactly, no rush. Hope everything works out!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Next

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)