Skip to content

Beyond the Gate

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Beyond the Gate

Postby DarkWolff » Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 am

Has anything seen Beyond the Gate? I just discovered this. It seems directly inspired by Nightmare/Atmosfear. It's a movie about a VHS horror game. The trailer is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dHnONkxBEA

Apparently it's on Netflix so I'm going to check it out this weekend. The trailer seems to have a host, has references to keys, gates, etc.

Edit: Checked it out and I loved it! Definitely inspired by the series. They even mentioned "it's like those games Nightmare, and the Gatekeeper."
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Beyond the Gate

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 am

Ooh, this looks like it could be a fun movie, thanks for bringing it up!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 am

No worries!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm

....and I find this far afterwards. x_x Man, I feel like a fool.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:28 pm

No worries! I didn't notice you posted here until I replied in the other thread just now.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)