Skip to content

I just “ripped” all music from ALL THE VHS tapes!

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: I just “ripped” all music from ALL THE VHS tapes!

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm

DarkWolff wrote:Woo! Now to rip them and get them into a playlist! Excellent work!

There’s a direct Dropbox download link in the description of each YouTube video for HQ listening pleasure (and respective album cover art)!

Just to make sure you're aware! Have fun!
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Well, that's pretty awesome! :D
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby amars464 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Hey! I've been meaning to comment on this. You've done a great job on these! It's great to have a way to listen to all the great music that was created for this series. Fantastic work!
amars464
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 pm

amars464 wrote:Hey! I've been meaning to comment on this. You've done a great job on these! It's great to have a way to listen to all the great music that was created for this series. Fantastic work!

Thanks for the feedback! And well done on the custom tape as well on your part btw! My hope is that someone somewhere will eventually take the music from the tapes and ‘reorchestrate’ them if you will for modern ears :)
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby SavageXtreme » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 am

Man that is pure dedication right there, must have taken big planning and editing to get everything just right.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:25 pm

SavageXtreme wrote:Man that is pure dedication right there, must have taken big planning and editing to get everything just right.

Thanks! I actually tried to do this once about a year before my ultimate attempt here and I held off initially because I didn't have enough sound material from the multiple language tape uploads available on YouTube at he time. The only reason I really decided to knuckle down and do it properly (even bought the Khufu game just for completeness' sake) was thanks to whoever finally uploaded the German language tape of Atmosfear Classic.

The hardest part was synching to ensure minimal "echoing" and just to get the most comprehensive representation of the original music as possible. There's even one part of the French language version I think that briefly uses sound from the Zombie sequel tape near the beginning for some reason. I also didn't even know about the extended music segment towards the end until it popped up on The Harbingers second booster tape.
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Previous

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)