Skip to content

Custom Booster Tape Concept

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Custom Booster Tape Concept

Postby amars464 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm probably not going to actually do this, but while I was working on the TTS version of Atmosfear I had this idea pop in my head. Between the three Atmosfear Tapes, the PC Game, and the amazing music rips this community has done it would be entirely possible to make new Booster Tapes for Atmosfear. It probably wouldn't even be extremely difficult. I think the hardest part would be mixing the audio and figuring out the best times to have the Gatekeeper break in.

It was just an idea I had, maybe I'll do it to make the TTS version of Atmosfear a little spicier down the road.

**Edit**
Nevermind I started making one after all. I'll put up a YouTube link when it's done. No idea how it plays in a game at all though.
amars464
Young One
Young One

Re: Custom Booster Tape Concept

Postby Nons » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:51 am

TTS usually comes off as tacky- myself included, I'm pretty sure people would be willing to lend some voice acting :)
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby amars464 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 am

Honestly all I've been doing is taking The Harbingers and the two Booster Tapes, grabbing clips of the Gatekeeper, masking out the background and using an additive blend on him to overlay him on a new background with some purple clouds. As far as looks are concerned it's not very bad at all for the purpose that it is trying to achieve. I already got most of the clips in place so here's all I would need to do:

- Tweak the fade ins when the Gate Keeper appears to look a little more smooth
- Get a rough idea of how many times he lifts curfew and banishes/releases people to the black hole in The Harbingers and add more of that if I need to
- Add in a timer
- Add in music and do fade downs/ups for when the Gatekeeper appears
- Decide if I want to make it 16:9 or crop it to 4:3 to keep it more authentic

Here's the general look of the tape: https://i.imgur.com/oKghMJz.png
amars464
Young One
Young One

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:07 pm

We have the transcripts of all the tapes on the homepage so you could save some time and just reference them.
http://marrowproductions.com/WoF/wiki/index.php?title=Transcripts

You could probably also use the DVD footage (afterall, the Gatekeeper IS a shapeshifter), though it probably pays to stay consistent. If I ever find the time to work on the fan expansion (gearing up to do that soon I think) we could maybe join forces to get that on TTS too.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby amars464 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Thanks! The transcript was definitely helpful. I was about two black hole releases short of The Harbingers, so I ended up tossing a couple of extra ones in just in case someone got screwed over by a Fate card. I finished all of the editing. I ended up just using the music track from The Third Dimension because it fit the hour long format pretty well. I'm going to be playing a game of Atmosfear with friends on TTS tonight, but whenever we're done I'm going to start rendering it. I decided to keep it 16:9, because it's not like it's actually a VHS tape. After watching it back to check for any audio issues I got to see the balance a little bit. There are going to be a bunch of Fate cards in play, and towards the end Keystones get shuffled around a lot, so that should be pretty intense. I also went pretty easy on the Soul Rangers. The Gatekeeper only puts a curfew on them once with a 10 minute time limit on it, other than that they are just left alone to roam the provinces unless someone gets lucky with a Fate card. If that happens though, they are pretty much stuck in the sewers until they can let themselves out.

**Edit**
Rendering took way longer than I thought it would, so I let it run over night. So now it is all finished up, and I got it up on YouTube!
https://youtu.be/FUbcLM_jl1c
amars464
Young One
Young One

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)