Skip to content

Unopened original 1991 VHS copy.

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Unopened original 1991 VHS copy.

Postby criticallycorrupted » Sat May 01, 2021 12:48 am

Hey there, not sure if this place is dead or not, but I figured I would find some people who would appreciate this. Recently found a copy at my local goodwill for 15usd, fully complete with all the keys and such still in the punch cards. The board is beautiful and bright, and the rules page has not a scratch upon it. even has an unused pencil with the Nightmare brand stamped across it.

I'll post pictures soon!

Genuinely just wanted to share this with some people who would care. Back in a moment.
criticallycorrupted
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: Unopened original 1991 VHS copy.

Postby criticallycorrupted » Sat May 01, 2021 1:04 am

https://imgur.com/a/X30t3ka
There it is, in all it's shot on my phone with basic lighting in 5 minutes glory.
criticallycorrupted
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby Nons » Sat May 01, 2021 7:33 am

criticallycorrupted wrote:Not sure if this place is dead or not, but I figured I would find some people who would appreciate this.

You picked the right time for it- this place has seen a kinda resurgence of new members (myself included, joining in 2018), so you picked the right time!

Finding a new nightmare like that is SUCH a satisfying find- my own copy arrived like that, and it's insane that they survived that long for such a good price :) You gonna keep it in that mint condition?
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby criticallycorrupted » Sat May 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Cool that there are real people here, went down a rabbit hole and wasn't sure I'd find anything on the other side.
Last edited by criticallycorrupted on Sat May 01, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
criticallycorrupted
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby criticallycorrupted » Sat May 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Nons wrote: You gonna keep it in that mint condition?

I mean, I bought it with the intention of playing it at some point, so as pleased as I was to see it in such amazing condition, I also was kinda conflicted? I don't personally believe that things like this were made to sit on the shelf or be shadowboxed on a wall (not that collecting things isn't cool, just not my bag)

I think I'm just going to hang onto it, and one halloween in the future, when I've got the right group around be like "Hey, who want's to punch out the keys on a copy of nightmare and be the first group to play THIS copy, the first to write our fears down, the first to be BANISHED!

I think that would be cool.
criticallycorrupted
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby Nons » Sun May 02, 2021 12:59 pm

Sounds like a plan- I agree completely :) Enjoy!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Mon May 03, 2021 9:09 am

That's a great find! A while ago I ran into a sealed copy but couldn't pick it up. When I came back it was gone. This was at least 10 years ago so to find one today is a real jewel!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Mon May 03, 2021 10:30 am

That is such a good find, for a underrated series, its unbelievable being one of those rare moments finding a board game from the 90s still sealed. They honestly doesn't deserve to just sit on the shelf untouched forever, and its a good thought to see it go into both new owner hands, and a home :D

I too experienced a similar event two years ago, a Facebook seller whom I bought my copy of Atmosfear DVD Game had never played it, meaning they only looked inside the box and never opened the sealed contents. Another best thing about this, managed to score it for only $5 AUD (almost $4 USD) 8-)
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Mon May 03, 2021 11:43 am

Wow, that's pristine! 8-)

I remember I got my copy of Atmosfear with the Zombie expansion for workplace secret santa giveaway. While not in quite as good condition as the one you posted, both tapes were still factory sealed with the coupon cards included.

OFF TOPIC: With the slow but steady resurgence occurring here, I feel like a dedicated Discord server or Subreddit would be ideal to post stuff like this (or failing that, the Atmosfear Fan Club page on Facebook) and really get fans new and old bonding online over this stuff. :)
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Nons » Mon May 03, 2021 2:41 pm

BonsaiTreehouse wrote:I feel like a dedicated Discord server or Subreddit would be ideal to post stuff like this

r/WellOfFears now exists :D
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Next

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)