Skip to content

I sculpted a Soul Ranger mask

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: I sculpted a Soul Ranger mask

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:56 pm

BonsaiTreehouse wrote:This looks simply TOO GOOD for a Halloween mask store. The hat just completes the whole thing, it legit looks like something that would have been made for the tapes themselves! The people on the WoF Subreddit and Facebook Fan Club deserve to see this imo, pure and simple WOW.

Hey man, thank you very much. I've been hearing about the facebook group, is it worth joining? I was super surprised when I saw this forum still had active discussion as frequently as it does! I'm in the subreddit, but it's a bit dead...
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:26 am

ThatWidescreenGuy wrote:Hey man, thank you very much. I've been hearing about the facebook group, is it worth joining? I was super surprised when I saw this forum still had active discussion as frequently as it does! I'm in the subreddit, but it's a bit dead...

The Facebook group is fairly active; it's getting updates about various fan game re-packaging projects (i.e., burning fan made game tapes on DVDs and printing cards/dice complete with cardboard packaging). I'm sure they would take great intrerest in your Soul Ranger mask :)

The subreddit certainly needs a boost though, maybe we could gather some attention from other communities and let them know that it exists?
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:48 am

Alright, I love to see an engaged community, I'll probably join the Facebook group at some point.
How would we even go about boosting the subreddit anyway? It's not like we can attract attention from anyone who isn't already interested in the game.
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:52 am

ThatWidescreenGuy wrote:Alright, I love to see an engaged community, I'll probably join the Facebook group at some point.
How would we even go about boosting the subreddit anyway? It's not like we can attract attention from anyone who isn't already interested in the game.

Well, there is the r/BoardGames subreddit, where I just posted a little message over. It's a big enough community, so there should be at least a few who might be interested. There could be others too, so you never know, eh?
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Nons » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:04 am

BonsaiTreehouse wrote:
ThatWidescreenGuy wrote:The subreddit certainly needs a boost though

I realised today that it's been a month since the last post- I'm some point I'm going to gather all the stuff I've contributed to the community and post it there- feel free to do the same :)
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna try to crosspost to see if that gets people to at least visit the subreddit. But let's not make it a post dump in one day and then go back to inactivity for a month.

Also, unrelated but I just became a young one! This is wonderful! How does the whole ranking thing work? Is it tied to the amount of posts?
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby SavageXtreme » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:43 am

BonsaiTreehouse wrote:This looks simply TOO GOOD for a Halloween mask store.

I agree about that, it even seems like something that could be sold at an artist vendor at a convention.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:08 pm

I'm a bit late, as always, but daaaaaamn that looks good. I'd be proud to wear something like that. If you ever start selling them, you'd better poke me about it! Secondly...

ThatWidescreenGuy wrote:...I just became a young one! This is wonderful! How does the whole ranking thing work? Is it tied to the amount of posts?

Yessir. There's been a couple of posts with the numbers before but I'm happy to share them again:

Key Ranks.png

At some point we should really make a "Keystones and their powers"-themed image and post it permanently somewhere.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:57 pm

marr0w wrote:keystones and their powers

I know that the phrase is a quote from the Harbingers instruction video, but it would be so cool if the keystones granted perks of some kind :O
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby marr0w » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:21 am

I really wish we could too. (I checked just to be sure before typing this.) Of course, obviously then the question would be, "What kind of perks would we give?" I guess we could make a super secret board or something but really I just feel like it would encourage people making shit posts just to get keys. It'd be nice to see that kind of activity, mind you, and I suppose we could do something like that manually if we really wanted to - but I feel like you guys already know you're awesome enough without mysterious secret perks.

That said, I'm the kind of guy who'll sometimes gives out admin abilities to super active people. That kinda counts. :D
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Previous

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)