Skip to content

I sculpted a Soul Ranger mask

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

I sculpted a Soul Ranger mask

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:37 pm

So I saw the The Harbingers rules video for the thousandth time and I thought I'd take some Chavant clay and sculpt a two- piece mask like the ones used for the numbskulls and Soul Rangers. Thought someone may find it interesting.

IMG_20210705_010657.jpg

It looks better with a cowboy hat on.

IMG_20210705_010722.jpg

Yeah, okay, I may have allowed myself some artistic license, but it's fanart after all.

IMG_20210705_010742.jpg
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Re: I sculpted a Soul Ranger mask

Postby Nons » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:54 pm

DUUUDE THAT IS SO COOL
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby SavageXtreme » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:59 am

Now THAT is art! :D
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Vicious » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:35 am

This is amazing, I love it :D
"EH L'AFFREUX, J'TE BRANCHE !?"
Vicious
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:22 am

Wow that hat does make it look perfect! Shouldn't be too hard to do a full costume at this point. How is the airflow?
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:12 am

Haha, thank you all. Does anybody know what material the original masks were cast on? I'm assuming it was some kind of resin, but that could be uncomfortable for the hands... Is there any info on this?
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:15 am

DarkWolff wrote:Wow that hat does make it look perfect! Shouldn't be too hard to do a full costume at this point. How is the airflow?

I mean, I do have a black duster...

It works pretty well as a mask tbh, I sculpted it on top of a cast of my face, so it's quite comfortable. But right now it's just clay, I can't paint that or wear it yet :/
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Are you going to cast it so you can make more? Imagine the original masks were some combination of latex and makeup. Possibly a little foam too.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:00 pm

DarkWolff wrote:Are you going to cast it so you can make more? Imagine the original masks were some combination of latex and makeup. Possibly a little foam too.

I wasn't planning on replicating it, but once I have the mould I suppose that would be an option, yeah.
Latex would probably give me the boney texture and I'll consider it if I ever get to make the hands, but I think something harder, like resin, would make for a better result, probably(? Those teeth are a bit too thin to hold their shape.
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:46 pm

This looks simply TOO GOOD for a Halloween mask store. The hat just completes the whole thing, it legit looks like something that would have been made for the tapes themselves! The people on the WoF Subreddit and Facebook Fan Club deserve to see this imo, pure and simple WOW.
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Next

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)