Skip to content

Custom painted Harbingers playing pieces

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: Custom painted Harbingers playing pieces

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:27 pm

Why choose red/purple for the numbskulls, if I may ask? I'm not saying it doesn't look neat, I'm just curious.
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby SavageXtreme » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:45 am

ThatWidescreenGuy wrote:Why choose red/purple for the numbskulls, if I may ask? I'm not saying it doesn't look neat, I'm just curious.

The skulls went through different colours, at first I thought of doing light grey/white, the numbers were in black, but as I changed the skulls to dark grey, I tried to paint the numbers to white, then used the purple and red just to try and appear light, then gave up and left it as it is.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:48 am

Yeah, the numbers could look better in black if they were carved into the skulls instead of protruding from them. I think light makes sense in this context, maybe try (If you want to keep obsessing over it) mixing with more white at the center and then using the most saturated version of the colour for the surrounding area, kind of like a lightsaber(?
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby SavageXtreme » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:08 am

Considering I'm not happy with the dark grey now, yeah I think I might repaint over them someday and make them grey-white as they originally were. Sometimes its hard to decide what colour matches what, but the Harbingers stay as they are, they've gone through enough effort.
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:03 am

Army Painter has a good non-bleached bone color. You could get that and a little ink and it will give it some more detail without much effort.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am

DarkWolff wrote:Army Painter has a good non-bleached bone color. You could get that and a little ink and it will give it some more detail without much effort.

Perhaps they are good quality, but when I do eventually redo the skulls, I'm likely using acrylic paint again, always tend to be on a budget.
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Previous

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)