Skip to content

30th Anniversary?

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: 30th Anniversary?

Postby Vicious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:45 am

marr0w wrote:Heeeeeey, did anyone notice the oddity about the artwork? On the Kickstarter page there's a section marked "Starring..." and it has portraits of the characters using artwork from 'Harbingers'. Except... Hellin's art:

Kickstarter Hellin Art-b.png

It's an alternate full color version of the art from Atmosfear 'The Gatekeeper':
HELIN.jpg

I've gotta wonder 'Why the change?' Was there something wrong with the old Harbingers artwork? Any thoughts?

...matter of fact, on closer inspection they painted Hellin out of the original card and replaced her with the newer artwork...
Hellin Character Card-1024.png

This is incredibly bizarre.

After checking back, I also noticed the Anne De Chantraine artwork is a zoomed in version from Atmosfear : The Gatekeeper instead of her "Harbingers" one.

SavageXtreme wrote:Just 24 days left on the kickstarter and already over AU$ 75,000 made with 629 backers. I managed to get under the 500 mark for one of those bonus keys.

Last time I checked, 7 or 8 hours ago, there was approximately 510 backers. I'm surprised it got such a boost in such a few hours, did something happen ?

Anyway, that's awesome, I hope we get to the last stretch goal ^^
"EH L'AFFREUX, J'TE BRANCHE !?"
Vicious
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:03 am

Vicious wrote:Last time I checked, 7 or 8 hours ago, there was approximately 510 backers. I'm surprised it got such a boost in such a few hours, did something happen ?

Anyway, that's awesome, I hope we get to the last stretch goal ^^

Maybe the recent campaign update had something to do with it; allowing backers to order multiple copies as an add-on perk among others without going as far as outright doubling their pledge. I noticed a few comments on the campaign that were hidden because of folks who cancelled their pledges so maybe this convinced some of them to come back? :idea:
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Skulldoon » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:53 pm

We're funded.

Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:48 pm

Woot! :D
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby SavageXtreme » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:39 pm

And it was only just last night after my recent post, I didn't expect it to be so quick and go over the goal!
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:54 am

The momentum is still going, which is really encouraging to see! I reckon we'll be hitting that first stretch goal in about two days from now...! (generous estimate)
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:43 am

Vicious wrote:After checking back, I also noticed the Anne De Chantraine artwork is a zoomed in version from Atmosfear : The Gatekeeper instead of her "Harbingers" one.

Whoa. You are absolutely right! I think I've just gotten too used to seeing her in that style. More questions and still no answers...
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:47 am

BonsaiTreehouse wrote:The momentum is still going, which is really encouraging to see! I reckon we'll be hitting that first stretch goal in about two days from now...! (generous estimate)

Seems it just reached it in under a day, this just feels unrreal, the demand for this is insane.
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby SavageXtreme » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:33 am

The gold skele keys are back, but in limited supply.
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:33 pm

First stretch goal reached! New content for the first time in almost 30 years.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

PreviousNext

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)