Skip to content

30th Anniversary?

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: 30th Anniversary?

Postby marr0w » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 pm

Hell yes!! Honestly, it seems like a missed opportunity that we haven't put out our own cards. I wonder how much effort that would take...?
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 am

I am sure if we all grouped up we could make a bunch of good ones. You can even lay them out with a custom template in Magic Set Editor. We'd just need to know what fonts the cards use to make them look legit.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:53 am

The card descriptions in the Master Game Set are Raphael Standard Font and the expansion cards are Jomolhari/Times New Roman (Standard and Bold). Not sure about the fonts on the fronts of the cards (they look to be entirely custom made in-house), though those can always be recreated via scans and vector art, as could the other visual decorations.

They all come in different colours so in that regard, I think we can afford ourselves some license to pick what we like in that regard to somewhat differentiate the custom cards from the genuine article.
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:12 am

Holy shit, guys. The lore comic is unlocked. We're *finally* going to get an official backstory to the Other Side!!

As I've finally updated the forum section names I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the Original Series section. If anyone has an issue with that decision, please let me know.

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:41 pm

marr0w wrote:Holy shit, guys. The lore comic is unlocked. We're *finally* going to get an official backstory to the Other Side!!

It was a real close one, too! Really curious and eager to see a creative interpretation straight from the horse's mouth :)
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Tyjan » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:59 pm

I went ahead and backed it as well! They're also now offering the Deluxe Fate/Chance/Time Card Set and Deluxe Playing Pieces as separate pledges now, so you don't have to back the full Deluxe Game if you only wanted those.

18 hours left!
Tyjan
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby marr0w » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:05 am

I feel like they should have posted one of the fail messages at the end of the Kickstarter. "TIMES UP, MAGGOTS!!" or something. Instead a positive in character email went out congratulating everyone with a gif of Baron Samedi. Of interest to anyone who didn't participate was this bit:

You will hear from me soon about tedious things like manufacturing progress, delivery charges, timing and maybe some more frightful treats you may be able to purchase in the future.

I hope that's a good sign of similar things to come. Also if anyone has need for it I re-edited the dancing Baron to just be a smooth shuffle of anticipation (or maybe he really has to go?)

Baron Samedi Dance 2.gif
Baron Samedi Dance 2.gif (2.09 MiB) Viewed 31143 times

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:16 am

I was honestly worried that comic strech goal wouldn't be reached, and when it was nearly its final days, I thought it would barely make it, but it went more over than what I had it mind.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, maggots! :D

Its probably no surprise, but I noticed the Facebook group had increased the members more than double the amount before the Kickstarter was brought up.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:29 pm

So, latest update from the Atmosfear Fan Club on Facebook: co-creator Brett Clements and former Cowboy partner was offered to write the lorebook: $1K AUD up-front and another $5K AUD in instalments on a per-review basis (that's about 4,300 US dollars total payment.

He said no (or as he said himself, "told 'em to f*** off!")

Not sure if he's just being crassly flippant as some Aussies are want to do, or if he's genuinely burning bridges with the Kickstarter team for possibly being stingy with their funds(?), but I'm not quite sure how to feel about how it's all being handled. I have no idea how this is going to affect the 'Carny Island' project with Uncle Shrift either, but I'm hoping this doesn't all end up with a Friday the 13th style rights dispute...

SUBREDDIT NEWS POST: https://www.reddit.com/r/WellOfFears/co ... write_the/
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Previous

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)