Skip to content

30th Anniversary?

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

30th Anniversary?

Postby Skulldoon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:43 am

Taken from the Facebook group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuIE23QB-M4

Last edited by Skulldoon on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: 30th Anniversary?

Postby Skulldoon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 am

When I saved the picture from their site it is called "KS+promo+banner+V1+20211013"

KS for Kickstarter?
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Whoa, maybe a remaster? I'm betting it will be the same game mechanics which still makes me wish Restoration Games would be involved.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Very interesting.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:42 pm

If its a rerelease of the original games, there's a chance it could try to appeal to the newer generation. If they make expansions for the other three Harbingers as they originally intended for all of them, then I'm sold.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:04 am

It could be fun to have a game for Hellin and Gevaudan. We already got a Khufu game, though I wouldn't complain about another.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:34 pm

DarkWolff wrote:Whoa, maybe a remaster? I'm betting it will be the same game mechanics which still makes me wish Restoration Games would be involved.

Remember when we were wishing that for the App? :lol: There's always hope, and hope is a powerful thing right now
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:36 pm

True, but I'm just not banking on anything until I see some evidence. At the very least, having a high resolution version of the original video would be really nice.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:01 am

I'm actually just happy to see that artwork of the Gatekeeper at a higher quality. It's one of the only images made for Harbingers we couldn't even try to upscale. I know it's not likely that we'll see it released by itself, but at least now we know it exists somewhere. If we get anything else it's a bonus.

Also, the YouTube channel has an updated banner now too and the channel icon is an image I don't recall seeing before.

channels4_banner.jpg

channels4_profile.jpg
channels4_profile.jpg (4.72 KiB) Viewed 36673 times

...I just hope whatever this ends up being isn't region locked. Again.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:17 am

The profile image looks to be from the original NIGHTMARE advertisements on Australian television where he’s yelling at players to “GO FOR IIIIT!”
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Next

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)