Skip to content

30th Anniversary?

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: 30th Anniversary?

Postby marr0w » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:51 am

Just got posted, and reminder folks. Kickstarter starts tomorrow.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Skulldoon » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:24 am

Less than 12 hours to go. Remember the first 500 backers get some bonus thing.
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:15 am

Looking forward to it! I also didn't notice till yesterday that the website also shows the Nightmare box in the advert.

Edit: The time has reached zero a half hour ago, but the campaign hasn't yet gone live. The Gatekeeper hasn't even logged in today, though it is 6am in Syndy right now.

Edit 2: Still surprised the campaign hasn't launched. I did a little checking and it looks like Trackdown Studios might be involved in this project. If you look at the Gatekeeper's Kickstarter profile it lists Elaine Beckett as the owner of the account and Geoff Watson as a collaborator on the project. Both of them are listed on the following website: https://www.trackdown.com.au/team. Also, they will be using Backerkit as their pledge manager.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:16 pm

It's up!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Skulldoon » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Certainly going to be a hike to get to the stretch goal but I am very excited for The Lore of the Other Side book.
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:19 am

Same here! I also want to see how well my head canon matches up with it.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 am

DarkWolff wrote:Same here! I also want to see how well my head canon matches up with it.

One thing's for sure; it's going to be nothing like mine lol :P
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Skulldoon » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:57 am

Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:14 am

Heeeeeey, did anyone notice the oddity about the artwork? On the Kickstarter page there's a section marked "Starring..." and it has portraits of the characters using artwork from 'Harbingers'. Except... Hellin's art:

Kickstarter Hellin Art-b.png

It's an alternate full color version of the art from Atmosfear 'The Gatekeeper':
HELIN.jpg

I've gotta wonder 'Why the change?' Was there something wrong with the old Harbingers artwork? Any thoughts?

...matter of fact, on closer inspection they painted Hellin out of the original card and replaced her with the newer artwork...
Hellin Character Card-1024.png

This is incredibly bizarre.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:10 am

Just 24 days left on the kickstarter and already over AU$ 75,000 made with 629 backers. I managed to get under the 500 mark for one of those bonus keys.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

PreviousNext

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)