Skip to content

Kickstarter copies are arriving!

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Kickstarter game has arrived!

Postby valveros » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:27 am

Hi guys, long time no talk.
Atmosfear 30th anniversary just arrived the other day, please see below for photos.
I got a couple extras with it (spare dice/coin etc)
One thing I noticed however is that there's no USB supplied so the games can be played offline, did they mention changing this earlier? All I have is a small card with a QR code that leads to the uploaded videos on the Atmosfer.com.au site.
Also have the Golden Key, strange thing is though that I have no idea how you actually use it (as in, pick it up when playing the game). The rules don't seem to state it anywhere unless I'm blind.

Feel free to ask any questions if you wish.
Attachments
20230225_142305.jpg
20230225_140844.jpg
valveros
Toad
Toad

Re: Kickstarter game has arrived!

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:23 am

Will be interested to get all this stuff in my hands as well; pictures can only do so much to create a full impression on my end, especially when my UK order of the deluxe edition is still MIA atm

If the rules don't say anything about the Gold Key (and also given that it's an item exclusive to early backers and those who pony up the extra cash afterward), then I can only assume it's there for use at absolutely any time at all whenever any player wants to use it. Although as stated on the campaign site, the trade-off is that it only has two effects (free from black hole and move around the board in reverse) and each effect can only be used one time and never again, so players would have to think very carefully about exactly when would be best to use it and not waste it for just any occasion.
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: Kickstarter game has arrived!

Postby marr0w » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:12 pm

Mine arrived this morning. I had made a thread about it before realizing you had this one tucked away under Fan Games. Hahaha. I don't think that's quite the right place for it. I'm impressed with the quality of everything, except the keys and Nightmare cards. It's beautiful having a new copy of them, but a part of me expected the heavier cardboard of the original release and not the thin plastic coated cardstock in this one. I can chalk that one up to being spoiled, however. Hahaha.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Kickstarter copies are arriving!

Postby marr0w » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:05 pm

After sitting on it a bit, I went ahead and moved the topic over. I've never done that before so that was an interesting black hole to fall down...
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)