Skip to content

Ideas for Nightmare/Atmosfear parties?

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Ideas for Nightmare/Atmosfear parties?

Postby theescapist20 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:13 am

I am going to have a bunch of friends over for a Nightmare/Atmosfear party. Anybody have any suggestions or stories about a party they have had?
theescapist20
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: Ideas for Nightmare/Atmosfear parties?

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:44 pm

It depends on how far you want to take it honestly. I used to commonly play as the game suggests; low lights while piping the sound through my entertainment system. I often would setup candles around, but it can be dangerous if you have pets or aren't careful; you can always get fake glass candles.

The first Nightmare rules also suggested a theme night; I always wanted to do this but have never had the opportunity. Basically people would dress up as either a Harbinger or a something similarly scary. The closest I got to doing this was playing the game during Halloween parties. A few of us had spare costumes and would throw them on from time to time, but never anything other than that.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Oooh, I used to love doing these. My old circle of friends and I would draw our characters a few nights before (or just choose them if we wanted to be specific) then make the costumes and wear them on the day of the game. Sometimes we'd take it a step further and walk out into the woods with one of us acting in place of the Gatekeeper to invoke random punishments at different times. While the woods are a difficult place to play (unless you have a laptop) some good ideas for props can be snagged the day after Halloween on sale at any retail market. Those cheese skull goblets, a black table cloth, maybe some fake cobwebs? They all go a long way towards creating the right 'atmosfear'.

Currently I have a room in the basement set up with props from Chuck's Zombie Petting Zoo around it with plastic skull adorning the television. Whenever we play we just gather around the table there, cover the windows, and light as many candles as we can find. Honestly the candles alone sell the effect.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Holy hell I need to play at your house one day. :lol: That sounds awesome!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

I've been trying to get together with you for a game for a few years now. A shame I moved further away...

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 pm

I know, but now really want to risk the aliens. :mrgreen:

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Faust » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Nightmare game party at Marr0w's!!!

That sounds pretty cool. I've never done anything like that. The only thing I've ever done was make the room as dark as possible light a candle or two and turn on a black light.
"Life. It kills 100% of those who experience it."
Faust
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Trust me, it's far more fun when you have the whole set up in the room to set the mood.

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)