Skip to content

Card transcripts from the old forums

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Card transcripts from the old forums

Postby amars464 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey everyone, I was a member here on one of the old iterations of the forums, and I was working on a project at one point to transcribe all of the cards from the four Nightmare sets, at the time I only had Nightmare I and II, so that's all I was able to do. Soon I should be getting my hands on Nightmare IV, and sometime after that I'll probably snag a copy of III so I would love to finish what I started. The problem is that I don't actually have the text document anymore with the first two sets that I transcribed, so I was wondering if anyone has the file, or has access to archives of the old forums and can get it. I would really like to not have to do those again.

I'm going to go ahead regardless and make up some vector images of blank cards so that people can use them for replacements, or if someone was working on a fan project, they can use the card designs. So I'll definitely post those here.

**EDIT**
I finished up the blank card templates for Nightmare. I don't have a scanner, so the other ones are going to take some work. I have a pretty decent camera, so I should be able to snap some photos of the cards to work with.
Attachments
Nightmare-Chance.png
Nightmare-Time.png
Nightmare-Fate.png
Last edited by amars464 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amars464
Young One
Young One

Re: Card transcripts from the old forums

Postby newbebop » Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Check on Boardgamegeek. They've got game I and II's cards there. Sadly they are lacking III and IV's cards. You might be the guy they've been looking for.
newbebop
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Be aware that the UK version of Nightmare 4 had different Chance cards. I still have to pick up a copy of that one of these days for that reason.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby amars464 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 am

I forgot about the Chance card thing. Sadly the only copy of the UK version I can find will only ship in Europe, so that's out of the question.

**Edit**
Here's Nightmare II along with the worst nightmare card. Special thanks to marr0w for his scans of these cards.
Attachments
Nightmare-Fear.jpg
NightmareII-Time.jpg
NightmareII-Fate.png
amars464
Young One
Young One

Postby Blossercubbles » Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 pm

That would be the best thing in the history of best things! (Having transcriptions of the cards from the expansion games, I mean). The BGG files for Baron Samedi were a great help when I finally got a hold of the game. I had hoped that Anne and Bathory would also have had the same treatment, but to no avail. Adding the card files is just icing.
Blossercubbles
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby marr0w » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 pm

...I don't remember scanning those. Someone probably mailed them in and I added them to the Other Side or something. The only ones I scanned where the Nightmare I packaging and box at stupid-high quality and the original ad for Nightmare I that I really REALLY wish I still had a copy of. I don't even have a scan of it anymore. If anyone out there has a backed up copy from one of the old websites PLEASE send it to me!!!
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)