Skip to content

NTSC Khufu

The series has moved on from VHS to DVDs and mobile apps, but are they really better? Reviews, questions, and general discussion about them go here.

NTSC Khufu

Postby GACProductions » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Anyone recode the Khufu PAL DVD to NTSC.. I thought I would ask before I started to project myself. It's going to be a bitch. There's like 40+ IFO files. Let me know.. I have a UK copy of this game its just that it's PAL and it's annoying to play it off the computer as a DVD rip from IFO/VOB files.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Re: NTSC Khufu

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Nope, never done it.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GACProductions » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 am

Well hit a dead end from the manufacture.. Nothing they can do.. They said "though we pride ourselves on customer service, sometimes we are unable to help" well.. Was worth a try.. Ok.. I'm going to go through the pain staking process of reassigning all the pal markers to NTSC in the ifo files on the cd.. Here's hoping the menus don't get fucked up. I would like to get a better DVD ripper then the one I have. I keep getting scenes of pixelation. AGH!
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby GACProductions » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Agh.. I tell you what.. When this is done.. Is anyone needs one AND owns a copy of this game.. I'll probably have some type of private d/l on my site vibe315.com. Cause this is a bitch.. I payed $30 for my game.. $20 to ship it from uk.. It will be nice to have a provision other a new multi region DVD for player. Plus I'm sure more people will end up importing it with an NTSC disk floating around. Speaking of playability.. Is everyone aware they can just yank all the files off the DVD and use vlc to play them if you are in a pinch. Just select the first ifo file or vob file. The game opens up on the final card deal out.. But just Select "lose" and the game start right at the beginning..
Only reason I even posted this is cause I played it with my kids (I have my kids do the test runs of games before us nightmare sharks give it a go., plus it's way easy then getting 6 of us together just to find out a game sucks) and actually enjoyed the game. It was different but still decent. I was curious about the first atmosfear sequel that wasn't an add on. Well.. I'll let this forum know when I get this project done.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby GACProductions » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 pm

AGH! I keep toiling away at this... NO Big update.. I'm just slowly moving along.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Postby Parallax2814 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm definitely interested in this. I tried converting it myself with no success at all. Hope you fare better than I did.

My Bose 3-2-1 system can play the Khufu dvd with no issues, but I'd really want a NTSC copy that I can bring over to friends' houses and so forth.

Keep us posted!
Parallax2814
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby megadude » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm interested as well as I plan to buy this game soon
Welcome to THE OTHER SIDE!!!
megadude
Young One
Young One

Postby darkgaizat » Thu May 10, 2012 10:15 pm

I'd be down. I've got Nightmare 1, 2, 3 and 4 on one DVD and Atmosfear, booster 1, 2 and Soul Rangers on another DVD. My brother's boss had a PAL to NTSC VHS converter and I got high quality transfers of each of the tapes. I need to get Khufu on NTSC if I could. Would be nice. Let us know.

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Fri May 11, 2012 1:39 pm

I won't lie, if there was an easier way to play the game I would probably own a copy of it by now. God speed, good sir.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Sat May 19, 2012 9:34 pm

What I do is I play it on a laptop DVD, because Windows you can change the region code only so many times, but I don't watch DVD's on my laptop, so it's officially dedicated to it. Makes it easy to just pop in and play. (None of my tabletop DVD players have unlock region codes...go figure)
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Next

Return to Modern Series (Disks and Digital Era)