Skip to content

UPDATE! I (translated!) Atmosfear EXPRESS from Spain...

The series has moved on from VHS to DVDs and mobile apps, but are they really better? Reviews, questions, and general discussion about them go here.

Re: UPDATE! I (translated!) Atmosfear EXPRESS from Spain...

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:53 pm

EryNoice wrote:I mean I would love to try and do it possibly using that AI Voice Remove to get clean voice clips. But I wouldn't even know where to start on the randomization of the game. :?

You're welcome to try! You probably won't get far with any playlist generators online and DVD writing may be limited if you're aiming for a broader player-count, but you could potentially try a choose-your-own-adventure style program called Twine (v2.0.10). You may need to rely on JavaScript to truly take advantage of it the way you want, but the potential is there: http://twinery.org/wiki/start

The recent app version of Atmosfear (or "App-mosfear" as I like to call it) was built using Unity 3D, did you know?
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby EryNoice » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:58 pm

I would say even getting every voice clip would be a tough start (I've tried ripping the game with no luck and don't want to spend a lifetime on playing the game) and then on top of that would be editing the audio in so all the timing is right. My overall goal would be to get an English Version of both Regular and Express working on the Tabletop Simulator (so far the original is up but not in English.
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:33 pm

If it would make things easier, I could try and rip the whole Express DVD in its entirety (i.e. not just the clips but also the menu and chapter select functionality that comes with it) similar to how the tabletop sim mod provides a download link for the English DVD, so you could use something like VLC to change/swap out the Spanish scenes therein for the edited English ones if/when they come to fruition.
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby EryNoice » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 am

That would probably help with the whole thing. I would have to learn how to do card decks to get the fate and time cards in there. But that could come later. I'll start work on doing the audio for some of the most basic scenes just to test it.
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:11 am

Here's a link to a zip file containing basically the entire DVD a it functions (the menu selection and minigame stuff is visually borked but still functions, and for some reason it starts from the "Gatekeeper Loses" clips when you start the DVD from scratch but that can probably be rectified with functionality changes as the English stuff is added in)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qrQgf ... sp=sharing

Cards shouldn't be a problem though; as the instructions state, any Time Cards with a value higher than 13 mins should be disregarded. All others are fair game. Aside from language differences, any and all cards can be transferred over wholesale if you have the English versions handy.
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby EryNoice » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:30 am

Thanks for Uploading that! I did do a SMALL test video (Since for some reason my ripping method didn't get every single clip in-game so I chose a simple one to start off.) I would like your thoughts on it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBgzQE ... sp=sharing
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

Postby EryNoice » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:13 am

Also as a small aside my English DVD's timing is so far off (As in transitions to menus are about 2 seconds early.) I know that's kinda off topic but it's just an aside.
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 pm

EryNoice wrote:Thanks for Uploading that! I did do a SMALL test video (Since for some reason my ripping method didn't get every single clip in-game so I chose a simple one to start off.) I would like your thoughts on it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBgzQE ... sp=sharing

Pretty darn good, based on that short taster! For all your worry about lip sync, I’d say not bad on that front either! I kind of don’t mind the slight muffled artefact from the Spanish voice, imo it adds a spooky echo effect which I actually quite like!
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby EryNoice » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:53 pm

Good to hear. I think this project is gonna be a slow burn sadly. (Since as mentioned my Video Rips are only getting the first chapter which kinda sucks.) but overall with time and elbow grease I will be able to get it done (the hardest parts are gonna be mixing lines from different scenes (such as the gatekeepers time trap and the opening scene as well as any long clips of course) but overall. It CAN be done. It’s just gonna take a while.
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

Postby EryNoice » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:28 pm

UPDATE:
I have now got the English Audio. I think some of the clips are gonna come out worse than that test along with the fact that many clips are splices of 2 ENG clips together (Hey I guess they thought Variety was the Splice of Life :lol:)

and I have ran into one major problem. The Vocal Extractor I used doesn't handle files that are more than 100MB.

I will either have to split each video file up OR find a new Vocal Extractor.

But Right now I see good ideas on how to do this brewing.

It may take about a Month assuming that I don't run into any major issues.

I wouldn't call it a sure thing This could be something exciting :D
EryNoice
Young One
Young One

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Series (Disks and Digital Era)