Skip to content

DVD / VHS compatability

The series has moved on from VHS to DVDs and mobile apps, but are they really better? Reviews, questions, and general discussion about them go here.

DVD / VHS compatability

Postby gingerfreak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 am

I used to have the original VHS games (1-4) and stupidly many years ago I threw all of them out.

I have now ordered the newer DVD version and was wondering if the old add-ons (2-4) would be compatable with the newer board etc?
gingerfreak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: DVD / VHS compatability

Postby marr0w » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Y'know, they might but you'd have to tweak some of the rules a bit. The keys are handled a little differently, the new game doesn't use chance cards. But I suppose, yeah. It could work. I'm not sure about IV's Rose cards, though...
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Been tempted to do the same thing. Marr0w is right, it's possible. I wouldn't worry about the chance cards. Either include them or don't, you won't get much benefit out of them either way.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GACProductions » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:52 pm

The Easy Answer.. No.
It will not work if you are a game purist.
GACProductions
Young One
Young One

Return to Modern Series (Disks and Digital Era)