Skip to content

What would be in your perfect Atmosfear game?

The series has moved on from VHS to DVDs and mobile apps, but are they really better? Reviews, questions, and general discussion about them go here.

Re: What would be in your perfect Atmosfear game?

Postby amars464 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 am

Okay, then that's pretty cool if it works like that. I imagined it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make something like that work correctly. I think that between the main tape and the booster tapes, a booster DVD could be cobbled together for The Harbingers that worked the same way. The random title skips wouldn't be too hard to figure out. The only huge hurdle would be figuring out how to make them show up at random intervals, but not make them show up too much or too little.
amars464
Young One
Young One

Postby marr0w » Thu May 10, 2012 3:13 pm

On the flip side of the coin, you could steal the idea we came up with for a flash version of Nightmare. Basically use something similar to the eyes which display on the PC game when it plays (they move and twitch giving the illusion of someone talking) and then over that simply play a random sound clip. The old PC game is loaded with sound clips of the Gatekeeper in very high quality as either .wav or .mp3. Many of the clips are the dialogue from the two Harbingers boosters. Create a primary layer that displays your clock and any additional information you need to play, and then add the soundclips and images overtop that. Make the whole thing in flash and then run it from a browser or flash player.

It would HAVE to be easier than trying to build your own randomly playing DVD, but you'd loose the video clips (which I'm assuming is one of your main goals). However, it would be a purely random experience if done correctly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there ways to export a flash video into a DVD menu these days? You could possibly get the best of both worlds if you spent enough time with it.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Thu May 10, 2012 3:37 pm

You can use flash for just about everything these days. Hell, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is made in flash.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Previous

Return to Modern Series (Disks and Digital Era)