Skip to content

Atmosfear: The Nightmare LARP

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Atmosfear: The Nightmare LARP

Postby JP McClendon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:38 am

I am pleased to anounce that our LARP, based on the rules created by Faust, Darkwolf, and others, is now in (I believe) its seventh year. We currently run our LARP twice a year at some of the local gaming conventions near our base of operation, and are enjoying a decent run with it. We have all the canonical Harbingers and Soul Rangers, and quite a number of fan created ones from not only myself, but from a fan on YouTube, Faust himself, and other fans from online (which means we have 16 Harbingers, 8 Soul Rangers, and 6 others in a third category.). Since the original rules set was written with Vampire: The Masquerade in mind, we have gone with a bit of their format for the layout of the who's who in our rulebook. We are now also gearing up to create buttons for our players to wear with the insignia of their Harbinger or Soul Ranger on it.
JP McClendon
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: Atmosfear: The Nightmare LARP

Postby MidnightCat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:06 am

Hi guys, I'm the co-GM of the Atmosfear LARP currently running at the Dreamation and Dexcon conventions in Morristown, NJ. I'm proud (and somewhat surprised!) that we've been running the LARP for seven years now. We even have an online-only player in our little group now! Even though there hasn't been any signs of a new board game coming out, we are constantly working on new content for the LARP to keep the fun and horror of Atmosfear alive. If anyone is interested in trying the LARP out, just let us know. :)
Last edited by MidnightCat on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MidnightCat
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:00 am

Welcome both of you! While I'm not the LARPing type, it's great to hear there's such a large community participating in it!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:22 am

I would be interested in seeing what you have for sure, though last time I LARP'd it was probably 1997.

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Whoa whoa whoa! I remember those rules (and they really were Faust's brainchild). That's really awesome though. I'd be interesting in hearing about your games!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Faust » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Damn. I didn't expect the LARP game to have taken off so well. That's very neat that it's gone to the level of gaming conventions. How many players usually partake in the game?
"Life. It kills 100% of those who experience it."
Faust
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Baron Samedi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:22 pm

That's pretty awesome. I've never done any LARPing, but I'd be interested to see it. You should seriously consider making a Facebook page for the events. They give pretty good tools for promoting the events and you could post pictures and videos.
Baron Samedi
Numbskull
Numbskull

Return to Fan Games