Skip to content

The Harbingers randomised HD video (Needs testing)

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: The Harbingers randomised HD video (Needs testing)

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Mon May 24, 2021 10:59 am

marr0w wrote:Ooooh, right. This all reminds me that there where video files hidden on the disk too. Some of them have unique audio. I've made gifs of two of the onscreen Gatekeeper images.

Ah, yes. I used the GKLOOP videos as reference for the video menu. The background is the eyes in the box with an animated warp so they follow the same movements as these eyes.

I'll check out all the other clips, I think I've seen all of them but I haven't really used them for anything yet. As soon as my internet decides to behave I'll download the files.

marr0w wrote:Side note, I'd love a copy of just the storm clouds if you've got that footage isolated somehow. Those would make an excellent screen saver or animated desktop wallpaper.

Again, whenever I'm able to work with large files again I'll upload it. Full disclaimer, it's veeeery far from perfect. Basically, the three tapes use the same footage as background, with very few differences, so theoretically, you could put the three videos in sync and, whenever The Gatekeeper is on screen, cut to a different one where he hasn't appeared. The problem is, of course, some interactions overlap and that means there are some ugly crossfades between clouds that don't really make sense. Also, because of the grid warp I used to stretch the footage to 16:9, the sides are way more stretched than the center. This works great in order to keep The Gatekeeper's face from deforming, but the clock gets super stretched in a very inconsistent way. To add to that, the booster tapes are only 45 minutes, so for the first 15 minutes I have nothing to cut to; and they also have the timer placed differently. All of this means you'll probably see the top of The Gatekeeper's hood a bunch of times and the colours and lightning in the area of the timer may not correspond completely with the rest of the frame. But hey, it's better than nothing and good enough for what I'm doing.
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Alright, I seem to be unable to upload the video in any format, so here you have a link to it.
https://mega.nz/file/ex5AHaKK#xOWkQcAAW ... -Zud3XrWGM

I looked at the video files and I've seen them somewhere before, I don't remember where. I don't really know how to use them, since The Gatekeeper doesn't look the same and they don't add any gameplay. Maybe having more introductions could be fun but at least I personally prefer to get to the game straight away, maybe with the occasional introductory speech but without having it be a regular thing.
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby marr0w » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 am

Thank you for uploading that! I really appreciate it. Judging from how often the clouds are mirrored, I have to wonder how distracting it would be to simply mirror the left side onto the right side to cover up the clock...? I might play with it myself at some point and if I come up with anything good I'll post it as a reply.

As for the rest, I dunno. It would be interesting to see multiple intros but honestly I was more sharing to share. It's hard to say who's seen what these days and depending on the levels you where planning on going I just figured more sound clips where a good thing. I'm still highly curious how you plan on accomplishing your goals, but I know enough not to peek behind the curtain until after the show or it loses some of that charm. Best of luck, man!
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby M'Gatekeeper » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Is the torrent down? Been trying for hours
M'Gatekeeper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Ah, I'm almost done with a new version so yes, I did take it down. It's back up if you wanna download it now :)
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

Postby M'Gatekeeper » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:45 pm

same torrent?
M'Gatekeeper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby M'Gatekeeper » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:05 am

Torrent not working for me still
M'Gatekeeper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby Nons » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:25 am

M'Gatekeeper wrote:Torrent not working for me still

The Torrent didn't work for me until I allowed Utorrent through my Firewall
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby M'Gatekeeper » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:31 am

mine finally got through to the download at 3:00 AM and is going at a constant 3KB/s sooooo maybe next week ill have a complete rar
M'Gatekeeper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby ThatWidescreenGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:15 am

Big update:
SO I recently got my hands on a Spanish tape for The Harbingers and it has some really interesting material. Apparently this game was dubbed instead of reenacted like earlier Atmosfear and Nightmare games. In order to make up for the lipsync being of, they mixed the tape differently. Every intervention consists on a few frames of The Gatekeeper saying STOP, followed by a close-up of the eyes, over which the line in Spanish is delivered. This means that we have a lot more useable footage of his actual eyes and we don't have to rely on the clips from The third dimension or keep using the initial seconds of the tape over and over! I digitalized the tape (Not great quality but I don't think it gets any better) and edited a bunch of the takes together to create two clips.

Share link: https://mega.nz/file/O5ozCYDC#FgYHEgq_A ... mV5zGsL2G0

I made them seamlessly loop so you can repeat them as many times as needed, but they don't transition seamlessly into each other (there are two hairstyles during the tape). Figured it'd be quite the useful resource not only for me, but for anyone who wants to make something with the game.
ThatWidescreenGuy
Young One
Young One

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games