Skip to content

I'm Thinking Of Making An AtmosFear With All Six Harbingers

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: I'm Thinking Of Making An AtmosFear With All Six Harbing

Postby DarkWolff » Fri May 31, 2013 1:48 pm

I'll be willing to give input on the board and card design. Shoot me and email and we'll set up a time to hammer out the details.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Fri May 31, 2013 7:11 pm

DarkWolff wrote:I'll be willing to give input on the board and card design. Shoot me and email and we'll set up a time to hammer out the details.

Sent you my Email.
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 pm

I just had this crazy idea! Now hear me out. What if I involved random encounters/duels with any of the Harbingers? It would be decided by either Chance or Fate cards, that can be left open to debate. I just thought it would make more like a war game, you know?
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:31 pm

I just came up with an idea for one of the Soul Harbingers. He'll be the equivalent of Anne De Chantraine, being Halloween themed with pumpkins and whatnot. He'll look kinda like Jack Skellington, but with a pumpkin for a head and a green suit instead of black. I think I'll call him Sam Hain, after the holiday Samhain (Think of an ancient ritual kind of like Halloween).
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 pm

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:I just had this crazy idea! Now hear me out. What if I involved random encounters/duels with any of the Harbingers? It would be decided by either Chance or Fate cards, that can be left open to debate. I just thought it would make more like a war game, you know?

Do you mean the player characters? That has potential if it's not overdone.

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:I just came up with an idea for one of the Soul Harbingers. He'll be the equivalent of Anne De Chantraine, being Halloween themed with pumpkins and whatnot. He'll look kinda like Jack Skellington, but with a pumpkin for a head and a green suit instead of black. I think I'll call him Sam Hain, after the holiday Samhain (Think of an ancient ritual kind of like Halloween).

Sounds cool. The suit should be sufficiently different so that it doesn't just look like a palletswapped jack. Note: Some people do celebrate Samhain. :)
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm

DarkWolff wrote:
GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:I just had this crazy idea! Now hear me out. What if I involved random encounters/duels with any of the Harbingers? It would be decided by either Chance or Fate cards, that can be left open to debate. I just thought it would make more like a war game, you know?

Do you mean the player characters? That has potential if it's not overdone.

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:I just came up with an idea for one of the Soul Harbingers. He'll be the equivalent of Anne De Chantraine, being Halloween themed with pumpkins and whatnot. He'll look kinda like Jack Skellington, but with a pumpkin for a head and a green suit instead of black. I think I'll call him Sam Hain, after the holiday Samhain (Think of an ancient ritual kind of like Halloween).

Sounds cool. The suit should be sufficiently different so that it doesn't just look like a palletswapped jack. Note: Some people do celebrate Samhain. :)

To answer your question: Yeah the player characters will duel with the Harbingers. The Soul Commander (Chosen One) will roll for the Harbingers. I also had this new idea for the story. What if, at the beginning of the video, the Gatekeeper gets banished? That way it'll ensure that the Harbingers would be hosting the game uninterrupted.
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 am

I meant having the players duel eachother. That could be fun. :)

The Gatekeeper was banished prior to Soul Rangers. He sure gets banished a lot! Honestly I do like the idea of him jumping in every now and again, though him being in the black hole technically doesn't preclude that.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Khufu the Mummy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Well as far as acting goes... I'm doing my OWN Khufu game so I might be able to be an actor, probably for Khufu, depending on how good my "inner mummy" is lol. It really depends on the quality of my (cheap) video recordings. And I could help with the script segments, but I would not write any parts for Khufu if I was playing the role of Khufu, or any other role. I wouldn't write a script for my own role unless it was a one-man project like my Khufu game is.
Khufu the Mummy
Young One
Young One

Postby Khufu the Mummy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 pm

I also would advise that you kinda not have a whole "battle" thing because I know from experience the more complex you make the game, the more confusing it's ultimately gonna be. Even having the harbingers AND the soul rangers will make it a lot more confusing. I'm not sure 100% what you have in mind for the game, but some parts might not work. I'm working right now on my game with deciding what works and what doesn't work, and I'd be glad to help with this project in any way I can :)
There for ya!
Khufu the Mummy
Young One
Young One

Previous

Return to Fan Games