Skip to content

I'm Thinking Of Making An AtmosFear With All Six Harbingers

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: I'm Thinking Of Making An AtmosFear With All Six Harbing

Postby valveros » Sun May 27, 2012 8:21 pm

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:
valveros wrote:
DarkWolff wrote:Maybe use the Soul Rangers from the game with the same name?

You mean use the Soul Rangers from the Soul Ranger game right?
Because your rhyme made me brain fart lol (no offense intended btw).

You know, we should use the Harbingers Board. Only we rename the pieces. We need to pitch new ideas for a Vampire, Werewolf, Mummy, Zombie, Witch, and Poltergeist. I'm thinking for the Werewolf "Jacques Roulet"

If we were using the Harbinger's board, would you want new Harbingers as well as Soul Rangers? Maybe we could have some kind of deal where all the boards start Harbinger side up and the aim is for the Soul Rangers to "reclaim" their terror-tories by getting rid of their keys or something (if we were going to keep it "Soul Ranger" style)?
It could almost be like some kind of war between the Harbingers and Soul Rangers lol.
Just a thought. Tell me what ya think!
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Mon May 28, 2012 1:36 pm

[/quote]
If we were using the Harbinger's board, would you want new Harbingers as well as Soul Rangers? Maybe we could have some kind of deal where all the boards start Harbinger side up and the aim is for the Soul Rangers to "reclaim" their terror-tories by getting rid of their keys or something (if we were going to keep it "Soul Ranger" style)?
It could almost be like some kind of war between the Harbingers and Soul Rangers lol.
Just a thought. Tell me what ya think![/quote]

I love it!
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby valveros » Mon May 28, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm glad you think so!

Yeah what i'm thinking is everyone starts as a Soul Ranger from the very beginning and all boards are Harbinger side up. So I guess if their was some kind of backstory to this it would be something along the lines of:

- Harbingers fighting against Soul Rangers
- Soul Rangers start losing
- End up getting bunched together (Soul Rangers start in the middle of the board)
- Are now making one last ditch effort to win before they're banished forever (This is where the game starts)

Of course this lore could be expanded upon, this is just it simplified.
Also i'm starting to think a game like this would encourage teamwork between the Rangers...not too sure on how that would turn out however.
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Tue May 29, 2012 10:14 am

valveros wrote:I'm glad you think so!

Yeah what i'm thinking is everyone starts as a Soul Ranger from the very beginning and all boards are Harbinger side up. So I guess if their was some kind of backstory to this it would be something along the lines of:

- Harbingers fighting against Soul Rangers
- Soul Rangers start losing
- End up getting bunched together (Soul Rangers start in the middle of the board)
- Are now making one last ditch effort to win before they're banished forever (This is where the game starts)

Of course this lore could be expanded upon, this is just it simplified.
Also i'm starting to think a game like this would encourage teamwork between the Rangers...not too sure on how that would turn out however.

That is excellent, and I'm thinking on how to expand upon this lore.
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm

I just had an idea: In order for the Rangers to fight against the Harbingers, they had to be powered up to be on the same level. The Gatekeeper, naturally loving all of this conflict, decides to place some new souls to the terror-tories. They are a Vampire, Werewolf, Zombie, Wraith, Witch, and Mummy. This gives the Rangers a chance to lay the Smack-Down on the Harbingers We just need to come up with the names for the Souls.
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby valveros » Tue May 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Just throwing some more ideas out there in regards to the rules...

The amount of players would determine the amount of keystones.
So say 3 people are playing, there would be 3 keystones in each province.
The rangers would have to take all the keystones from a province in order to "return" it back to their original states. I'm also thinking that when a province is converted the Soul Ranger that took the last key from that province would leave a mark to indicate that they were the one who conquered that area. So in a way the game would be working together but also against each other at certain times. Gates could still be used as well (eg: blocking off an opponent from taking the last keystone from a province so that you can take it and leave your mark instead.)

If you don't agree or feel there should be some changes please drop a reply and let me know!
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby valveros » Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 pm

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:I just had an idea: In order for the Rangers to fight against the Harbingers, they had to be powered up to be on the same level. The Gatekeeper, naturally loving all of this conflict, decides to place some new souls to the terror-tories. They are a Vampire, Werewolf, Zombie, Wraith, Witch, and Mummy. This gives the Rangers a chance to lay the Smack-Down on the Harbingers We just need to come up with the names for the Souls.

That's a pretty cool idea. So you're saying that they rangers would start as these "other" Harbinger-like souls, or they would have to claim them like in the traditional Harbinger game?
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm

valveros wrote:
GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:I just had an idea: In order for the Rangers to fight against the Harbingers, they had to be powered up to be on the same level. The Gatekeeper, naturally loving all of this conflict, decides to place some new souls to the terror-tories. They are a Vampire, Werewolf, Zombie, Wraith, Witch, and Mummy. This gives the Rangers a chance to lay the Smack-Down on the Harbingers We just need to come up with the names for the Souls.

That's a pretty cool idea. So you're saying that they rangers would start as these "other" Harbinger-like souls, or they would have to claim them like in the traditional Harbinger game?

They would have to claim them, of course. It wouldn't be fun that way.
We gotta make those worms work for it!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby valveros » Tue May 29, 2012 9:43 pm

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:
valveros wrote:

They would have to claim them, of course. It wouldn't be fun that way.
We gotta make those worms work for it!

What happens if they don't make it in the first 10 minutes? Do they stay a Soul Ranger? Or would that rule not apply in this game?
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

They would have to stay as Soul Rangers. That way, we make the Rangers jealous of the Soul Harbingers, which makes gameplay more intense. The replay value would be shooting up.
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games