Skip to content

I'm Thinking Of Making An AtmosFear With All Six Harbingers

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: I'm Thinking Of Making An AtmosFear With All Six Harbing

Postby valveros » Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 pm

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:They would have to stay as Soul Rangers. That way, we make the Rangers jealous of the Soul Harbingers, which makes gameplay more intense. The replay value would be shooting up.

Soul Harbingers...Soulbingers? Harangers? Can't think of a good name lol.

Do you like what I said about the Rangers having to claim the terror-tories? I'm still thinking about how those that fail to become Soul Harbingers would factor in however. I guess they could be as they were in the original game, but a little bit more "spiced up". Maybe they could have their own keystone abilities too?
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Thu May 31, 2012 6:48 am

valveros wrote:
GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:They would have to stay as Soul Rangers. That way, we make the Rangers jealous of the Soul Harbingers, which makes gameplay more intense. The replay value would be shooting up.

Soul Harbingers...Soulbingers? Harangers? Can't think of a good name lol.

Do you like what I said about the Rangers having to claim the terror-tories? I'm still thinking about how those that fail to become Soul Harbingers would factor in however. I guess they could be as they were in the original game, but a little bit more "spiced up". Maybe they could have their own keystone abilities too?

I like this idea. We keep the Rangers as they are, but a little "spiced up". That way, the Rangers wouldn't be as jealous than when they're regularly powered. I also LOVE the idea of the Rangers having their own Keystone Abilities. Keep up the good thoughts!
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Oh, yes and I just looked at your idea of how the Rangers have to get rid of the Keystones, and I sprung another idea. Maybe the keystones should be called "Powers" and they should be obtained and then thrown down the Well of Fears to signify their destruction. Without their powers, the Harbingers will be easily banished. and the game had been won. BOOM! Am I good or what?!
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby DarkWolff » Thu May 31, 2012 3:16 pm

valveros wrote:
DarkWolff wrote:Maybe use the Soul Rangers from the game with the same name?

You mean use the Soul Rangers from the Soul Ranger game right?
Because your rhyme made me brain fart lol (no offense intended btw).

Yep that's what I meant. :)
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby valveros » Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 pm

GevaudanTheWolfman wrote:Oh, yes and I just looked at your idea of how the Rangers have to get rid of the Keystones, and I sprung another idea. Maybe the keystones should be called "Powers" and they should be obtained and then thrown down the Well of Fears to signify their destruction. Without their powers, the Harbingers will be easily banished. and the game had been won. BOOM! Am I good or what?!

I like it!
So the Soul Ranger's goal then would be to power up into Soul Harbingers (thanks to the Gatekeeper), take the keystones/powers from each region (Effectively weakening the Harbingers and allowing their provinces to be "converted" to the other side), then dump all that power in the Well of Fears, banishing the Harbingers? I guess the aim of those that stay Soul Rangers would be to just simply accumulate as much keystones/power from the Soul Harbingers as they can, and cause general havoc. Of course they should still be able to win the game as well.
Also, I think the time limit of the game (60 minutes right?) should come into the lore too. Maybe that could be how long these new "Souls" or whatever it is the Gatekeeper's given them last.
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 am

valveros wrote:I like it!
So the Soul Ranger's goal then would be to power up into Soul Harbingers (thanks to the Gatekeeper), take the keystones/powers from each region (Effectively weakening the Harbingers and allowing their provinces to be "converted" to the other side), then dump all that power in the Well of Fears, banishing the Harbingers? I guess the aim of those that stay Soul Rangers would be to just simply accumulate as much keystones/power from the Soul Harbingers as they can, and cause general havoc. Of course they should still be able to win the game as well.
Also, I think the time limit of the game (60 minutes right?) should come into the lore too. Maybe that could be how long these new "Souls" or whatever it is the Gatekeeper's given them last.

Yes, I intend to give the Rangers and Harbingers 60 minutes, as is tradition. After ten minutes, the souls would expire if they don't have a host to preserve them. Oh yes, and when the fears are read, should we say something like (ex. Spiders and Elizabeth Bathory) "Elizabeth Bathory turns into an army of spiders, do you fight or run?"
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:55 am

If they fight, then it is not their fear, and they would pour their keys into the well, beating the game.
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello? Anyone?. It's lonely in here. I need to discuss this game with people. I NEED TO TALK WITH PEOPLE!!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby valveros » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Sorry man, had a lil bit of a holiday...
I'm not too sure I understand this idea. So you still choose your own fear? And a Harbinger manifests into that fear?

I might try drawing some concept art work that could be possibly used in the game sometime this week...if it turns out any good i'll post it up here.
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby valveros » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 am

Also have you thought of any new characters to play as these harbinger souls?
Here's a potential one to fill the role of the vampire:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pishtaco

It's a bit different but I think it could fit quite well.
valveros
Toad
Toad

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games