Skip to content

Help with a design...

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: Help with a design...

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:37 pm

The colors seem a little off on the broken glass since it's not exactly letting the colors through. Other than that it's really awesome.

Any chance you could sneak something like the bats from the Nightmare board into the frame? :)
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby valveros » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:33 pm

DarkWolff wrote:The colors seem a little off on the broken glass since it's not exactly letting the colors through. Other than that it's really awesome.

Any chance you could sneak something like the bats from the Nightmare board into the frame? :)

Yeah that's a good idea, will have to make the glass more transparent.
Yea maybe I could add them bats to the photo frame somehow? Didnt someone upload the board as a png or something on here?
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby Khufu the Mummy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:01 am

darkgaizat wrote:I like the design so far. I might try to see what I can do with the base look. Make it look REALLY evil.

I'll get back with you.

darkgaizat

I agree. Hellin is probably the most evil of the Harbingers, so you want it to be ominous/creepy/evil!!!
Khufu the Mummy
Young One
Young One

Postby darkgaizat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 am

Okay, I really like the board you are making (I really like the frame you found) Mine is a little more generic. Going off what you had drawn I came up with the below. I can see where things need to change up a little (need to add the Nightmare Logo somewhere), but you can see what I'm doing/going with.

I would still need to make the black hole squares and the portal squares. (not done by far, but you can see what I'm thinking)

darkgaizat
Attachments
HellinBoard3.jpg
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Khufu the Mummy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 am

darkgaizat wrote:I like the design so far. I might try to see what I can do with the base look. Make it look REALLY evil.

I'll get back with you.

darkgaizat

For sure, I see Hellin as the most evil Harbinger, if you can make it creepy and child-like, that would make it truly unsettling and awesome!
Khufu the Mummy
Young One
Young One

Postby valveros » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:47 am

Here's an update to let you guys know i'm still working on it!

I'm using darkgaizat's idea (Take the six letters of Hellin's name and place them on the letters in the glass shard area).
The red x marks are basically the same as the "stone marked x" from the original Nightmare/Atmosfear games. Hellin would regularly try and catch players out when she gives them access to the glass area, punishing them if they are on those spaces. The wings are the spaces you have to land on to give you access to/from the inner/outer areas. The black "B" at the top right is the same deal as the Black Key from the dvd games. The stars are "Trick" cards and the treasure boxes (believe it or not) are "Treasure" cards. Skulls are dice duel.

So basically what i'm thinking is everyone starts on the big "H" space at the bottom right, then goes clockwise around the board, collecting letters (the more you get the less for everyone else!) after a short period of time, Hellin will allow temporary access to the inner glass area via the wing spaces. Players will then need to place the letters they have gained on to the correct glass spaces, securing those letters from being lost to other players. If players cannot leave the inner glass area in time, they're either banished or punished in whatever way Hellin desires. Once a player has secured at least 1 of each letter (two L's need to be secured of course), they need to land on the Big "H" space they started on, draw their greatest fear n' all that lol.

What dya think? :?
Attachments
boardupdate.jpg
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Looks good to me!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 pm

MasterOfPuppets wrote:Looks good to me!

I second that! Very cool design.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Faust » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Nice work! Look forward to seeing more of it.
"Life. It kills 100% of those who experience it."
Faust
Hosts
Hosts

Postby valveros » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 am

Well, i've been gone for ages lol.
I dropped this project for pretty much a year, but just recently have REALLY wanted to get back into it.
Been writing out cards and started on the script. Might start posting some stuff up, want to keep motivated so i'll post here to keep me on track.
Here's some little details so far:
Hellin's version of stop/yo/silence/suffer is quiet! Best thing I can think of atm but if anyone here has any ideas let me know.
Here version of answer me is pamper me, finding it hard to think of the best response for the players but right now i'm thinking of keeping it simple and just have them answer by blowing a kiss/puckering lips and making kiss noises a couple times. Dunno if that sounds stupid but yeah all i've thought of right now.
Will keep ya'll updated! :D
valveros
Toad
Toad

Previous

Return to Fan Games