Skip to content

The New Nightmare

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: The New Nightmare

Postby darkgaizat » Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah, I got...inspired. I've been pondering what worked and what didn't work. How can I maximize as much gameplay in one game?

I wanted to contribute to it, since I really love the franchise. I think everyone who enjoys these games will get a kick out of it. Since I'm not making a dime on it, I hope everyone can appreciate the work that went into it. It would be awesome if it could jumpstart something...more.

Can't wait to get it and try it out!

darkgaizat
Attachments
Gevaudan Agenda.jpg
Gevaudan Agenda.jpg (85.79 KiB) Viewed 20240 times
Stories 1.jpg
Stories Page of Instruction Manual
Stories 1.jpg (132.49 KiB) Viewed 20328 times
Nightmare Instructions Cover.jpg
Instruction Manual Cover
Nightmare Instructions Cover.jpg (106.94 KiB) Viewed 20328 times
Last edited by darkgaizat on Thu May 23, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby darkgaizat » Sat May 11, 2013 11:39 pm

http://youtu.be/pjiRj9weSuA

Check out the Menu I created for the new Nightmare DVD (Just the video, no options yet) Obviously I'll be purchasing the stock footage as well. Just wanted to get your opinion.

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 am

darkgaizat wrote:http://youtu.be/pjiRj9weSuA

Check out the Menu I created for the new Nightmare DVD (Just the video, no options yet) Obviously I'll be purchasing the stock footage as well. Just wanted to get your opinion.

darkgaizat

I think it looks good!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby valveros » Mon May 13, 2013 7:21 pm

darkgaizat wrote:http://youtu.be/pjiRj9weSuA

darkgaizat

Looks great man!
Also, I don't know if you already answered this, but who is going to be the host? The Gatekeeper?
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby darkgaizat » Wed May 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Looking into it now. I have an idea for someone, but...has to say yes first. ALSO on that note, the game is backwards compatible with Atmosfear + booster 1 & 2 and Nightmare 1 (maybe 2) videos. Has a few extra rules. Just to make it a little different.

Looking forward to making my own though. (with randomized DVD)

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Khufu the Mummy » Mon May 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Is it going to be sold with an interactive DVD??
Khufu the Mummy
Young One
Young One

Postby darkgaizat » Mon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Eventually, but right now it's backwards compatible with at least 5 of the original videos. If anyone does order it, I'll have to send them the DVD once it's done. (looking for a really good Gatekeeper!) Which I have no problem with.

I just finished the unboxing of the first one sent to me! I'll post a video of it so you can see it all laid out.
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby darkgaizat » Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Okay, so I am officially done with creating the game itself. I have no idea what else I could possibly add in there. I ordered another set because it has changed quite a bit, even from the version I got in the unboxing. (will probably redo) Again, I know it sounds like a lot of money to order (now up to $65) but I think it'll be worth every penny.

I'm getting together with several friends this weekend to playtest the one I ordered. I'll post how it seems to work. Can't wait to try out the official Soul Ranger stuff.

**Update** I got to play it over the weekend with a couple of friends, and it plays AWESOME! Took it down to the last 10 minutes with the Atmosfear (20"x30" free-roam) board playing an Atmosfear style game. We did the 3 Keys/3 Negative Effect Key stones and it made for a REALLY good game. I thought I had it most of the way through the game (couldn't lose on the key stones) and just when I got my last one, my buddies started winning duels against me. When I thought my friends were going to come back, the Gatekeeper made my friend and I duel, and I got all his keys, made it to the Well of Fears and drew "Your Worst Nightmare!" card (universal lose card). I was officially out of the game and the battle continued against the other two guys and one of them finally made it with 10 minutes left to spare! It was a REALLY good game, and we must have drawn all of the Trap Key Stones to boot. It made for an interesting dynamic to switch up some of the rules, (You can duel someone without a key, but instead of taking a key you can impose a Curse card on them, like you can in the Atmosfear Third Dimension (PC) game.) Overall, it was amazing. I'm getting together with some friends to record a game this Friday Night, so stay tuned!

I think the way I would approach selling it, if I had to market it, is come up with Nightmare (minus Soul Ranger stuff and some Atmosfear modes) and make the Soul Ranger/Atmosfear an addon. This would cut down significantly the price, I think. So if you look at it from my perspective it's literally everything I would release in one game and not 2 or more.

On top of all that, it has enough components to make your own style game if you wanted. (Maybe an all soul rangers Elimination mode with Mastiff in the Gatekeeper role)(which dangit I just added and cancelled and re-ordered) but you see the point; anyone can come up with a new game mode now that all the pieces are included.

To anyone who purchases this, when I finish the DVD I will gladly ship out a copy to you once it is finished; just let me know. Thanks for everyone's support on this. If it looks like it has potential, I may need to find a contact to see about getting a revamped version into actual production (with the kiss from the owners) and see what could possibly BE.

Again, thanks to all, and if you order it, hit me up and tell me what you think!!

Chat with you soon,
darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby GevaudanTheWolfman » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 am

darkgaizat wrote:Okay, so I am officially done with creating the game itself. I have no idea what else I could possibly add in there. I ordered another set because it has changed quite a bit, even from the version I got in the unboxing. (will probably redo) Again, I know it sounds like a lot of money to order (now up to $65) but I think it'll be worth every penny.

I'm getting together with several friends this weekend to playtest the one I ordered. I'll post how it seems to work. Can't wait to try out the official Soul Ranger stuff.

**Update** I got to play it over the weekend with a couple of friends, and it plays AWESOME! Took it down to the last 10 minutes with the Atmosfear (20"x30" free-roam) board playing an Atmosfear style game. We did the 3 Keys/3 Negative Effect Key stones and it made for a REALLY good game. I thought I had it most of the way through the game (couldn't lose on the key stones) and just when I got my last one, my buddies started winning duels against me. When I thought my friends were going to come back, the Gatekeeper made my friend and I duel, and I got all his keys, made it to the Well of Fears and drew "Your Worst Nightmare!" card (universal lose card). I was officially out of the game and the battle continued against the other two guys and one of them finally made it with 10 minutes left to spare! It was a REALLY good game, and we must have drawn all of the Trap Key Stones to boot. It made for an interesting dynamic to switch up some of the rules, (You can duel someone without a key, but instead of taking a key you can impose a Curse card on them, like you can in the Atmosfear Third Dimension (PC) game.) Overall, it was amazing. I'm getting together with some friends to record a game this Friday Night, so stay tuned!

I think the way I would approach selling it, if I had to market it, is come up with Nightmare (minus Soul Ranger stuff and some Atmosfear modes) and make the Soul Ranger/Atmosfear an addon. This would cut down significantly the price, I think. So if you look at it from my perspective it's literally everything I would release in one game and not 2 or more.

On top of all that, it has enough components to make your own style game if you wanted. (Maybe an all soul rangers Elimination mode with Mastiff in the Gatekeeper role)(which dangit I just added and cancelled and re-ordered) but you see the point; anyone can come up with a new game mode now that all the pieces are included.

To anyone who purchases this, when I finish the DVD I will gladly ship out a copy to you once it is finished; just let me know. Thanks for everyone's support on this. If it looks like it has potential, I may need to find a contact to see about getting a revamped version into actual production (with the kiss from the owners) and see what could possibly BE.

Again, thanks to all, and if you order it, hit me up and tell me what you think!!

Chat with you soon,
darkgaizat

Amazing! Maybe you could help me with my game? I've hit a little snag. I need someone to help with the design.
Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, check the flights of bullets, blunt the hunters' knifes, break the shepherds' cudgels! My word is binding, more binding than sleep, more binding than the promise of a hero. Call to me!
GevaudanTheWolfman
Young One
Young One

Postby darkgaizat » Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 pm

What do you need help on?
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games