Skip to content

Hello Everyone

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Hello Everyone

Postby Nons » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 pm

So... you want to play the game... my game... by my rules. Ah ahm... theh Gaaaaatekeepeh!

I am fully aware that 90% of this forum hasn't been used in a good 3-4 years. While it makes me sad, I give myself hope that the Atmosfear community will never fully die.

I have known about the game since around 2010, when a friend told me about the 2003 Atmosfear. I didn't play it until February of this year, and since then, this series has been my life. I have researched every aspect of the games, learned the backstory, and behind the scenes, and even made a prequel comic to the intro cinematic from the DVD for a college project. (I'll provide the link on request).

I'm making this post basically to see who is actually still around, as the one thing I've really been missing is a proper community who loves the game as much as I do.

So to anyone reading this, Hello :) It's really nice to meet you all.
inb4 "Say hello to... Festerrrrr!" :lol:
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Welcome! Happy to see a new member around here. The series has been dormant for several years, accounting for the lack of discussion, but new members always help bring some life back.

Regarding your sing rips, I presume you titled them yourself, or are they titled in the credits or somewhere else? Good work on them!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:21 am

Thank you very much!
While dormant, I believe Mattel still own the rights to the series. So either they could use Blu Ray for more possibilities, or experiment with Netflix etc. a man can hope, right?

I did indeed title the rips myself (aside from the Main Themes, obviously :lol: ), just so I could make it feel more authentic and genuine. I assume the composer is listed in the credits somewhere- it could be possible to contact them about it, but I don't see much point right now.

Nice to meet you!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:04 am

Welcome Nons! As Puppets said, yes the series has been dormant so the forum has been pretty quiet. Those of us who still lurk here have been hoping for a modern update of the series. I could see an app taking the place of a video. Mansions of Madness did this in the 2nd edition and it works pretty well (and includes a desktop version too). Seriously, if Tanner partnered up with a modern board game company it could work really well. Maybe we'd end up getting that feature film one day too.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Thank you very much!

DarkWolff wrote:Those of us who still lurk here have been hoping for a modern update of the series.

I read an interview with Wenanty Nosul saying he would be down for a Netflix version, but personally I would have loved to see the possibilities of Blu Ray. Someday we might find out

DarkWolff wrote:I could see an app taking the place of a video. Mansions of Madness did this in the 2nd edition and it works pretty well (and includes a desktop version too).

I've heard of it! Definitely gonna give it a show

DarkWolff wrote:Seriously, if Tanner partnered up with a modern board game company it could work really well.

Makes you wanna contact them directly and remind them right? :lol: I managed to get in contact with David Whitney recently, just to confirm that the photos I found were indeed the actor in the DVD series, he's done some really good stuff. What about Brett Clements though? I believe he was the face of Couple a Cowboys back in the day?

DarkWolff wrote:Maybe we'd end up getting that feature film one day too.

What I'd give... even for the TV/Game Show too
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 am

I've honestly thought about sending off some emails and asking if there are any plans hoping that would spark some.

I chatted with another game company, Resurrection Games, who bring back old games and modernize them and they said they have had requests for this series too. Currently they are working on a Fireball Island sequel and they just announced Return to the Dark Tower. I was in a playtest for the Fireball Island remake (they did a country-wide tour) and it was really fun. Either that or they could work with Asmodee Games, who is making a digital conversion for Gloomhaven (currently the #1 rated boardgame). So I think there are options. :)

It's really cool that Wenaty would still be up for the Gatekeeper, I thought he did a better job in the role. That's not to say that David did a bad job though.

BTW, if you haven't already, check out the movie Beyond the Gates.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Baron Samedi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 am

I'm a few months late but I'm still around. It's good to see the old users still being somewhat active. It's definitely impressive for a series that hasn't seen an entry in some years now. I check in every now and again but usually don't bother logging in.

I'm glad people are still finding out about these games. It's definitely a series worthy of respect and remembrance in my opinion. It truly shaped a lot of my childhood as weird as that is to say. I remember the first time I ever stumbled onto marr0w's site. That was probably 15 or 16 years ago. Back then there were quite a few sites. It was incredible having my world expanded beyond just the original game that I played for so many years. I even had a site myself at one point, albeit a shitty one. I still find myself coming back now as a 30 year old man.

Good to see you all and welcome to you. Resurrection Games sounds intriguing.
Baron Samedi
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby darkgaizat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Same. I check in every now and then. Good to see new people coming around.
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Return to General Discussion