Skip to content

Finally decided to register again

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Finally decided to register again

Postby Baron Samedi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 pm

This has been a long time coming. I haven't been a member since the last place this forum was hosted. I've checked in periodically, but never registered.

This is the same Baron Samedi that got the owner of the Nightmare Presenter Video to rip it for me and I also used to run an Atmosfear site on angelfire. I've been around since about 2001 or 2002. I can't quite remember.

I suppose this is a long way of reintroducing myself. So, how has everyone been? It's good to see some of the the old regulars still around.

Any news on any new, official Atmosfear games? Anything?
Baron Samedi
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: Finally decided to register again

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 am

Welcome back Baron!! Things have been crazy for me this winter but I'm still hanging in there! I got a great job last summer and I've been (mostly) loving it!

There was some Atmosfear news that came up this weekend that Faust texted me; they are looking for investors for a possible film. I'll let me share the details though (but there isn't all that much yet).
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Great to see you back!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Baron Samedi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome. It is good to see you guys here still. It is hard to believe so much time has passed and so quickly. I was around 12 years old when I first started coming to the Well of Fears and I'm going on 26 now.

I had a rough winter too. The weather made it difficult for most of us in the eastern US though I believe. I'm glad to hear things are looking up though.

As far as a film goes, I think he should pass along the potential of crowdfunding it to them. I was completely taken aback when I saw that the Nightmare Presenter Video now has over 14k views on YouTube. With the assistance of this forum and nostalgia, I totally believe they could crowdfund it completely. I'm sure they could offer some nice rewards for donation incentives as well. I know that I personally would consider donating.
Baron Samedi
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Ya our community has been around for a while in some shape or form. I still remember the solo websites that Faust, Marr0w, and myself all ran before we created the original Well of Fears. It's been a blast.

I remember seeing the original game on TV when I was a kid and it seemed so awesome. I got it as a gift and I played the tape to check it out and I was floored. After playing for the first time I was hooked.

I could see crowdfunding work if it was promoted right, but it couldn't just be through the forum. The series is a little obscure at this point but it does have a small cult following. However the VFX budget could be pretty high so it might exceed the scope of what crowdfunding could provide. That being said, I'd definitely be a contributor if that is the route that was taken.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome back, Baron!

...lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk...

There was some rumor-mill type stuff about Wenanty Nosul coming back but it got cut off by the fact that a certain co-creator wanting to head the project didn't speak to the other co-creator who currently owns licensing rights. At least it means the games are still being talked about and not shelved.

...lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk...

Don't mind me. I'm just lurking. Also my old site is still up in it's last updated form... http://marrowproductions.com/other/index.htm I just haven't seen a reason to blow the dust out of it anymore.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Baron Samedi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Thank you for welcoming me back as well. I am glad to see many still hanging around here. After all of this time we still have activity and that is awesome. This game made us fans for life and this forum, in its many incarnations, has kept these people together for the most part. Thank you for keeping this forum alive. It is a great thing.

I'm not sure how well a tabletop game would fare in this day and age. It seems to me that only the super simple games see some success. I love Cards Against Humanity but it could not be a more simple game. This series has always been very involved and that's one of the things I love about it the most. I know you guys would but I am not sure a majority would agree today. I would definitely put my trust with the minds behind it to come up with the best route to take, if any. Either way, I imagine we will still be here lurking.
Baron Samedi
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Baron Samedi wrote:Thank you for welcoming me back as well. I am glad to see many still hanging around here. After all of this time we still have activity and that is awesome. This game made us fans for life and this forum, in its many incarnations, has kept these people together for the most part. Thank you for keeping this forum alive. It is a great thing.

There's still a few of us around here indeed, which is impressive since there hasn't been many new entries in the series for quite a while. I've been hoping for a new game for quite some time however! I've been considering creating an Atmosfear mod in a few games but I've been lazy in terms of coding recently.

Baron Samedi wrote:I'm not sure how well a tabletop game would fare in this day and age. It seems to me that only the super simple games see some success. I love Cards Against Humanity but it could not be a more simple game. This series has always been very involved and that's one of the things I love about it the most. I know you guys would but I am not sure a majority would agree today. I would definitely put my trust with the minds behind it to come up with the best route to take, if any. Either way, I imagine we will still be here lurking.

Actually the board game industry has seen a rather sharp rise in popularity in recent years. Some factors seem to be, paradoxically, the rise in technology. Meaning that now that people see each other less, there is more of a motivation for socializing during gaming. That being said, the series is fairly niche so I wonder how a new game in the series would do.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Return to General Discussion