Skip to content

Long Overdue Wiki Updates

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Long Overdue Wiki Updates

Postby marr0w » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:23 am

I'm currently kicking around a new visual theme for our wiki, because wouldn't you know it, it's so out of date that the theme we currently use for it will completely break if we update anything. (Not to mention the errors it's generating these days.) Anyways I'd like some feedback if you guys have any to give. There are a lot of limitations to what I can and cannot do (you should have seen how long it took me to force it to display the logo), but I'll try my best to work in anything I can. I may have opened a few wikis in my time, but doing the themes isn't one of my strong points.

http://marrowproductions.com/WoF/wiki2/index.php?title=Main_Page

Before it's brought up, yes. I know a lot of the images aren't working. I have a ton of plugins and such in another wiki and it was significantly more up to date (by comparison) so I copied it over and have been making changes to it. It's loading the database from our old wiki inside the new copy but the images are a different story. It'll all be fixed and working whenever we decide to make the change official.

To those who have access: DO NOT EDIT THE NEW WIKI YET. You'll just confuse things.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Long Overdue Wiki Updates

Postby Nons » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:48 am

I've spent the last year or so researching nearly every piece of lore I can find, so if you want some help updating information once the Wiki is safe to use, let me know!

I actually discovered this forum when I needed facts about Baron Samedi for a College Project :lol:
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby marr0w » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Every bit of help is appreciated!

EDIT: AND NOW THERE ARE IMAGES!! A lot of images. More than we originally had. I needed something to do while waiting for feedback. I'm running into a few unique errors too due to the database not liking having two copies of the wiki pulling from it. I might have to swap the two out anyways if they keep happening, but I'll try to hold out and give you guys a chance to throw your two cents in.

I started the bare bones of the Related Materials section too. (ignore that THIS PAGE DOES NOT EXIST red link, that's one of those bugs I mentioned) Not quite sure why no one ever put anything on that page. If anyone wants to submit content throw it up on the forum and I'll try to get it added in while I'm messing with stuff.

EDIT2: I'm also playing around with the free trial for Topaz Gigapixel and enlarging some of these ancient scans. Check out how it handled that 297x254 gif of the card game!
Attachments
atgame2-edit.png

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Okay, rather than editing my post YET AGAIN, I'm just going to make a new one because this is kinda special. I remade our splash image using bits resized with Gigapixel and merging them with the original image and the pieces used to MAKE the original image. (TL;DR Lots of layers!)

Here's our original version: (500x312)
http://marrowproductions.com/WoF/wiki2/images/archive/5/57/20190128204013!Logo04.jpg

And here's what we have now: (2000x1245)
http://marrowproductions.com/WoF/wiki2/images/5/57/Logo04.jpg

I considered leaving it at the highest quality, but something about loosing the pixelization made it feel a bit lacking so I dropped the final image down to 256 colors to better put it in line with the original, smaller, image.

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Well, it's been a week and I don't want to risk sitting on it so long we forget (because these are things we do!) so since it works and I'm not seeing issues with anything I'm going to risk swapping them out. That means the new one needs to be put through the paces so we can figure out what's broken. I'm still taking feedback on improvements if anyone has any to give. There's still going to be some conflicts here and there caused by there being two copies of the wiki, but I don't want to remove the old one completely until we are sure we don't need it anymore.

Old one is at http://marrowproductions.com/WoF/wiki1/index.php?title=Main_Page

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to General Discussion