Skip to content

Atmosfear VR

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Atmosfear VR

Postby marr0w » Tue May 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Came across an article discussing the possibility of an Atmosfear VR game. https://www.vrfocus.com/2015/06/make-it-a-virtual-reality-atmosfear/ Since it's not anything official, what's everyone's thoughts on the idea? Personally I think it'd be great as long as they come up with something a bit more involved than the old Third Dimension game. Walking the areas is neat, but I can't really see myself plugged into VR for an hour or more walking in circles to play a board game by myself.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Atmosfear VR

Postby Nons » Wed May 29, 2019 10:43 am

It's a dilemma- It would be nice to see any kind of innovation made in the franchise, just to say "hey, we're still working on stuff"

However the reason why I didn't like the third dimension was because it felt so lifeless and empty
I love Atmosfear because it's a way I can mess around and have fun with my friends, literally nothing beats playing it
It's also the fact that VR's still really expensive, so if it became cheap and efficient then hell yeah it'd be interesting to try
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:40 pm

I think going VR is a good idea, but perhaps having it more as an adventure game would be more immersive. This would take advantage of the technology for a unique experience .
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:47 am

Agreed, I think Third Dimension was bad because it was playing a board game without the thrill of playing a board game

An immersive VR game would work much better though!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Return to General Discussion