Skip to content

Anyone else play social deduction games?

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Anyone else play social deduction games?

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:07 am

Does anyone else play games like Werewolf, Mafia, Secret Hitler, Among Us, etc? I've played a ton of Werewolf and have a few others. I'm current getting excited for the Blood on the Clocktower delivery this Fall (sorta like Werewolf 2.0) and found the official Youtube channel where they use a couple tools to play it on Discord.

I'm considering using the same tools to pla on my personal Discord too.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Anyone else play social deduction games?

Postby SavageXtreme » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 am

Truth is when it comes to SD games, I'm never really a fan of them, always tend to be clueless when trying to play them. Where I live, there's a gamesclub at a university in the city that's holds in-person sessions on Wednesday and Friday, and there's one guy who has a copy of BotC and always get a group playing it every Wed.

I've tried to gain interest from others in my Nightmare/Atmosfear collection, which was a slight success a few years back with the DVD game, but was terrible playing it in a room with 20-30 people talking during gameplay. Lately there's been nothing so far, but a few people did express interest, its just a matter of preplanning and finding a screen for play use.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Clocktower may be a good social deduction game for you since there are a fair amount of roles that give you information. Most scripts are more of a puzzle than other games. One Night Werewolf can be like that too but all the info is public.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:37 pm

DarkWolff wrote:Clocktower may be a good social deduction game for you

I thought you were talking about the SNES Horror Game! Either way, I seriously recommend that one as a great game
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:20 am

I have played the SNES Clocktower but it has been a long time. I should do a playthrough.

In any case, if anyone wants to play some social deduction (or Atmosfear) online feel free to hit me up.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:23 pm

DarkWolff wrote:In any case, if anyone wants to play some social deduction (or Atmosfear) online feel free to hit me up.

Has there ever been a case of any WoF members doing a Nightmare/Atmosfear playthrough via Tabletop Simulator?
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Skulldoon » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:47 pm

Fan of Secret Hitler, Resistance and Inhuman Conditions. Need to find more to try out. Really want to try the Battlestar Galactica Board Game with hidden cylons.
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:04 am

SavageXtreme wrote:Has there ever been a case of any WoF members doing a Nightmare/Atmosfear playthrough via Tabletop Simulator?

Not as a group there hasn't.

Skulldoon wrote:Fan of Secret Hitler, Resistance and Inhuman Conditions. Need to find more to try out. Really want to try the Battlestar Galactica Board Game with hidden cylons.

Big fan on Inhuman Conditions. Have you tried the variants for more players? I've been meaning to but haven't had the opportunity. I like Resistance (also had the One Night version) but don't get to play it enough. Secret Hitler and Coup get played way more often since they are so quick. I used to own BSG but gave it away since it takes absolutely forever; great game otherwise. Dead of Winter and Dark Moon replaced it.

I also have Two Rooms and Boom (good game), Shadow Hunters (like but not love), Escape from the Aliens of Outer Space (fun hidden role game with hidden movement), Who Goes There? (More paranoia than hidden role but pretty good), Deception: Murder in Hong Kong , Spyfall, a giant Werewolf set with a bunch if custom roles, and prob a few more I forgot.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:49 pm

SavageXtreme wrote:Has there ever been a case of any WoF members doing a Nightmare/Atmosfear playthrough via Tabletop Simulator?

Not yet, but I'm down :)
Steam Friend Code: 116130572
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:47 am

Nons, I shot you an friend invite on Steam. Note: I use a different handle there.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Next

Return to General Discussion