Skip to content

Forum Keys

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Forum Keys

Postby Nons » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:46 am

So I just realised I'm not far from getting all 6 keys for this forum

There are many questions I can ask:
-If I face the fear I entered on the forum, does Marr0w throw a brick through my window?
-Has anyone gotten the 6 before? Is that how the admins became admins?

But truly though, I remember some kind of graph that showed what levels you get each key, but can't find it. Anyone got an idea?

Still! Here's to giving the forum the attention it deserved :D
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Re: Forum Keys

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:40 am

Marr0w only shows up with the brick (also some matches) if you fail to face you fear. I'll show up before then and do something like put a disembodied Gatekeeper head into your bed.

There is a table I can screenshot (from the forum software setup). I can post it when I am at my computer.

Edit: Here it is:
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby SavageXtreme » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:15 am

I honestly thought the last key icon would be orange instead of white, asuming each colour represented the Harbingers.
Banished to the blaghole...MAGGOT!
SavageXtreme
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby Nons » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:20 pm

DarkWolff wrote:Here it is:

Thank ya kindly!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby marr0w » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Well, that just goes to show the order I read old posts in since I literally just posted this elsewhere. I stand by what I said there though. We really should get around to making a "Keystones and their powers" style template and post it permanently somewhere.

I feel like someone got all six keys once? I know one or two have come really close. Technically we have two more ranks that you can't get by making posts:

Host2.png
Host2.png (5.99 KiB) Viewed 7934 times
"FESTER" - We've only gotten to give this one out once, it's reserved for people who can verify they where part of the production of the original games.

Host1.png
Host1.png (6.7 KiB) Viewed 7934 times
"HOST" - And of course our staff badge.

As for the white key, well. You can't win if you've got the black key! That doesn't mean I didn't make the graphic.
blackkey.gif
blackkey.gif (1015 Bytes) Viewed 7934 times
Trouble is, once we give it to you, you can't give it away. It might show up again whenever it seems funniest...
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:30 am

I remember the reason we originally made the black key role and I was very amused back then (post spamming for keys). I think that's the only time we've had to deal with something like that. It amused me greatly at the time.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Nons » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Hahaha those make total sense, but it's also cool to finally know why Fester was a role!

How was the person involved? I've responded to a couple of Phil Tanner's stories on Instagram, and also emailed Felicity Fox (the composer of the DVD soundtracks), but that's just about it for my claim to fame
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby marr0w » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:28 am

I'll be honest? I'm generally the old one of my group. I barely remember. I know they came onto the old forums and admitted who they where in a "Nice to meet you guys" kinda way but beyond that? No clue. I really wish we hadn't had to start over quite so many times since the original site went live.

On the bright side, at least visually we've come a long way since then.

page01.jpg
Original layout concept

left.jpg
An early menu texture template
left.jpg (7.89 KiB) Viewed 7888 times

left2.jpg
ANSWorld scroll menu design
left2.jpg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 7888 times

I'm just personally glad we got rid of the weird star background ShadowBQ thought we needed when ANSworld hosted us. It made it feel a little too Star Trek for my tastes.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to General Discussion