Skip to content

BRAND NEW SOUNDTRACK - COVER VERSION (2021)

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

BRAND NEW SOUNDTRACK - COVER VERSION (2021)

Postby ThrillMeBabe » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 pm

I'm a professional musician and have created the entire nuanced soundtrack of the Atmosfear franchise, right here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LadQxPJ0E

Hope you enjoy! There is a part 2 version in the making, as there's still plenty more from the game I am currently recording.

Thanks Dirt Bags!!! :evil:
ThrillMeBabe
Numbskull
Numbskull

Re: BRAND NEW SOUNDTRACK - COVER VERSION (2021)

Postby DarkWolff » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:47 am

Wow! How did you get the vocals so exact? I also really did the Gatekeeper's eyes. Nice job!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Holy shit, man. That's amazing! Any chance you're willing to share mp3s?
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby ThrillMeBabe » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:36 am

Thanks for the compliments guys. Since I was about 14, I was already using rudimentary software to align audio, so when it came to the voices and the odd sound effect sample in this track, it was relatively easy.

Atmosfear music is predominantly a soundscape, as opposed to the rare "beat" now and then. So, there are no BPM (beats per minute), so you generally have to perform based on a "feel" of when to change key next without rushing it. Sometimes this meant I had to extend some samples to make them fit properly (like the Witch's "BE-A-PUM-PUM-PA" choir sound, ripped from the original game, which I had to reduce the bass, increase the treble and chop up multiple times and stick back together in a manner that made sense).

I should probably make a video showing my timeline, so people get a glimpse of how it was made. I performed all the guitar parts myself you can hear. The video with the eyes was just a chroma key trick I made to run along side it.

Part 2 on its way soon. Quite a few little hidden gems I didn't use in the first version. Thanks again guys!
ThrillMeBabe
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby ThrillMeBabe » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:38 am

Forgot to add.....I'm happy to share MP3's too. Just take the version from either Soundcloud or Youtube available for download.

I spoke to the Atmosfear creator (Brett Clements) and showed him an Atmosfear "The Movie" that me and a group of guys made in 2014 if anyone was interested in seeing a low-budget fan film.
ThrillMeBabe
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:14 pm

ThrillMeBabe wrote:Forgot to add.....I'm happy to share MP3's too. Just take the version from either Soundcloud or Youtube available for download.

I spoke to the Atmosfear creator (Brett Clements) and showed him an Atmosfear "The Movie" that me and a group of guys made in 2014 if anyone was interested in seeing a low-budget fan film.

I'm definitely interested in seeing both your timeline and the fan film. What did Brett think of it?
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby BonsaiTreehouse » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:31 pm

ThrillMeBabe wrote:Part 2 on its way soon. Quite a few little hidden gems I didn't use in the first version. Thanks again guys!

I'll be looking forward to this! :D
"I know why you never crack a smile...it would crack mirrors."
BonsaiTreehouse
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby ThrillMeBabe » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Hello Guys!

Thanks for your patience. Here is PART 2 of the Atmosfear Soundtrack, covered entirely by me. Enjoy Dirtbags!

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/656652816
ThrillMeBabe
Numbskull
Numbskull

Return to General Discussion