Skip to content

GenCon

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

GenCon

Postby darkgaizat » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am

Anyone going to Gencon next year in Indianapolis? Was thinking about getting a nightmare/atmosfear room going. I only saw 4 nightmare 1 games for sale at the auction this year and 0 last year. Imagine an entire ballroom reserved and the Gatekeeper projected on a screen that covers the entire wall! The Gatekeeper's presence is sorely lacking at his function and I want to change that! Anyone with me? I live in Indy, so I'll definitely be there regardless.

Darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: GenCon

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 pm

I would love to be a part of this but I won't be going to GenCon. I keep saying "hopefully next year" but it never pans out.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Aww..come on, you can stay at my house. I live about 15 mins from the event. That'll cut out a huge chunk to the price of going. You got a year to think about it. I'll still be here.

I have a couple of friends who live in the area that'll be all in once we get it started.

I'll hit this up again, once we get closer.

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Ah but without a source of fresh souls, staying at someone's house would be a problem! Plus most people frown at house guests who leave trails of blood from the bodies they bring in. Hotels clean that stuff up for you! :twisted:

I do need to start going to Gencon though.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 pm

You do have a point there, but I'll post closer to the event. See if I get a bite.

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby megadude » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 pm

I'd do it but I live very far away
Welcome to THE OTHER SIDE!!!
megadude
Young One
Young One

Postby darkgaizat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Don't worry, you have plenty of time to save up! :) Bus passes are pretty cheap too.
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 pm

There needs to be more gaming events on the east coast. I know NYC is expensive so there are very few gaming-oriented events here, but somewhere close would be nice!

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Okay, so we're getting down to it. Gencon is 2 months away today. I live in Indianapolis, (15 mins from GenCon) and I wanted to let you guys know, that I've been working on an original game called Ultra War, a scenario-based strategy game, and have been for a year now. (Which may surprise you that I had enough time to pump out Nightmare and the card game) It's pretty extensive and some other great news about it is that GameCrafter.com had a "KickStarter-esque" event to raise funds for a shrink wrap machine which I bid into and won a 4 hour block on Friday (16th) day to show off my game at their booth to try and draw attention. (I REALLY wish I could show off Nightmare, but since I don't technically own rights to it...)

Invitation is still out there for anyone here who can/will go, but nevertheless wish me luck!

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:14 pm

A bit far for me, but best of luck in getting your game out there! Let us know how it goes and when you have the game for sale.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Next

Return to General Discussion