Skip to content

GenCon

Talk about anything not Nightmare/Atmosfear related here.

Re: GenCon

Postby darkgaizat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:35 pm

For sure. I have to find a way to get it published, because GameCrafter doesn't make all the parts for it. They wanted to playtest it and show it off online, but I have to send them parts for it to be complete, which at this point doesn't make much sense. I think I'll just show it off for what I have done with it, and I'll let you guys know how it goes for sure.

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Probably not going to make it this year due to money troubles, which disappoints me because I wanted to make it this time. Congrats on your game and good luck!
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 am

Okay, so Gencon, WAS AWESOME! (as usual) I actually saw an Atmosfear game on the game floor (which until this year had only been in the Auction room).

I went to this game night for Game Developers and they made me stand up and vocalize what games I was developing and I made mention of my game and the Nightmare game I re-vamped and I saw people's ears perking up; they knew what I was talking about and people sounded interested!

I got to show off my game (which I have a website for now. http://ultrawarthegame.com ) I got several people who are interested in the game and I kept getting asked if it was for sale, but the good news is, GameCrafter just released character pieces that I would need to make it sellable on their site (yay!).

I had several people tell me that they would back me for funding if I went to Kickstarter (which I will eventually), and I hope to make the game available before next Gencon.

Overall it was a great convention; I sold $650 worth of Magic cards this year and had a blast hanging with my friends. If you guys ever want to go in the future, let me know; we'll get an awesome game of Nightmare going for sure!

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:10 am

Wow that's really awesome! Spreading the news at Gencon is a really good way to get the word around. Are you going to be going to other conventions?

I do want to go to either Gencon or PAX next year. I keep saying I will go to one, hopefully next year will be the time.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 am

I am trying to go to a similar event in Fort Wayne mid November, though New Jersey has a Game Developer's convention called Metatopia (oddly enough) over Halloween weekend. (Perfect time to show off a new NIGHTMARE wouldn't you say?) Don't think I can go to that one, as most of my cohorts helping me can't go, but would be a goal to hit eventually.

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

That's a little closer to me but I have plans that weekend, and I also don't have anything I can show off yet at a Game Dev convention. :)

I am planning to create a fan megaman title though; hopefuly soon. It would include some story that would connect it to the Megaman X series. I'm undecided on whether or not to make it similar to the Megaman arcade games or the classic style.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Arjak » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:19 pm

That sounds great! Mega Man is awesome. I would prefer classic style, with levels as well as boss fights, but do what you can. If you need help coming up with Robot Masters, send me a PM. I love this stuff.
Arjak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Really what I'm planning is a bit ambitious; all the Robot Masters from all the games. This is why I'm thinking of doing it Power Battle style; the amount of level design would be nuts. I may do this in tiers and do all the boss rooms first and then add levels later. Then I'd have the option of doing a boss rush mode as well as the regular game.

In fact, that might be the best way to do it. I don't know when I'm going to start but I do have a decent base engine that wraps Direct X that I could use as a starting point.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Previous

Return to General Discussion