Skip to content

Other old games

You love them, you hate them, you own them, you make them. Let the games begin...

Other old games

Postby Skulldoon » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:39 pm

What other old board games are you a fan of? Something else you collect?
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: Other old games

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:38 am

I'm part of a board game group and we do have a couple old games. Cosmic Encounter is a game made in the 70s but feels like it was designed in the 2000s. It's been reprinted and rereleased a ton so it's available in retail and so are all the expansions. There are over 200 aliens you can be. I'm been making a custom insert for a while, then I'm going to make a custom box.

Other old games we still play are Scotland Yard (assymetric hidden movement game) and Omega Virus (sci-fi game where you try to stop a sentient virus)
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Skulldoon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:52 am

I have heard of Omega Virus. Always wanted to give it a go.

I have a guilty pleasure love of Dragonstrike. It was a learn to play D&D game from the 90's. Came with a super cheesy how to play VHS tape. A few books and whatnot were put out too. There was a planned sequel called Wildspace which was never made. Been on a quest to unearth as much as I can about it. Even to the point of reaching out to the original designers of the two games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1_IHliRhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGz5r-b1do
Skulldoon
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:23 pm

I used to have DragonStrike too. I think I may have a few of the gameboards but otherwise the components are long gone. I gave away my copies of Heroquest and Advanced Heroquest too...we sure played those games a ton but they haven't aged well. Never knew about Wildspace.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Return to Other Games