Skip to content

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

You love them, you hate them, you own them, you make them. Let the games begin...

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm

So I managed to pick up Amnesia: The Dark Descent today. The plot of the game is you wake up in a old castle with no idea what happened. It's a first person view, but it's not a shooter. In fact, you can't attack at all (so far). You go through the rooms exploring and doing puzzles. The character is a bit afraid of what's going on, so you have to stay in the light (lighting torches or using a lantern, both which are limited in supply).

You have to try to figure out what's going on, and trying to explore the castle. You get a letter from yourself in the very beginning telling you what is going on.

To put it simply, the game is creepy as hell. At least once or twice the hair on my arms was standing up, and I sure as hell was surprised when I saw my first enemy, and ran like crazy.

I highly recommend it. Check out the trailer on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M627-obxNzg
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:07 pm

I've really started to get into survival horror, so this should be enjoyable!
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Thu May 10, 2012 10:06 am

...crap...I'm not supposed to spend any money...just picked it up. It looks pretty SWEET!!

darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Thu May 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Amnesia held the number one spot on my Steam wishlist until the new version of Dear Esther came out. One of these days I'll manage to snag both. I've played the demo for Amnesia and it was pretty awesome, but the original Dear Esther managed to grab my attention more.

Meanwhile, darkgaizat? Really? Reviving a two year old thread? Some places would frown on that. Good thing we're not one of them. ;)
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Thu May 10, 2012 10:06 pm

mine showed that someone else revived it. (Showed the key on it) maybe something's wrong with the thread.
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby marr0w » Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Eh, no worries. Since I go on hiatus randomly all the threads do that to me. If it really becomes a problem I'll look into correcting it.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Word Tweak » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Awesome game. I reckon it's better than Machine for Pigs and even SOMA.

http://wordtweak.com.au/2012/04/01/arrgh/
Word Tweak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Return to Other Games