Skip to content

Atmosfear Movie

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Re: Atmosfear Movie

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Anyone with a Wikipedia account should be able to create a page. It seems like more work to make a fake version.

Will you be posting news about the filming? I'm pretty interested in the project (for obvious reasons). :)
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby flanaganpictures » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:04 am

Here is the third and final instalment of the Atmosfear movie trailer. Please enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHN5i2p_MQ
flanaganpictures
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby flanaganpictures » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:16 pm

HERE IT IS GUYS, FINALLY!

THE WHOLE MOVIE IN ITS ENTIRETY......ATMOSFEAR "THE MOVIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdzbweh4-0&list=UUvr-4lCwG3ho1VIrswVrAcQ

You can find parts 2 & 3 on the same channel, ENJOY DIRTBAGS!
flanaganpictures
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:54 am

Looking forward to checking this out tonight. I will post my thoughts by the end of the week.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am

So things got crazy for me and I only recently was able to look at this.

I felt making Atmosfear an sci-fi was a swing and a miss. The story of the series is you are trapped in the Other Side and are trying to beat the Gatekeeper so you can escape; there wasn't really any of that in this movie. Instead we got a movie about the search for alien life turned bad. This is nice an all, but doesn't really match up to the expectations of source material.

This leads me to my next main issue: it took way too long to get to the planet. It seemed the point was to build up anticipation, especially with the strange transmissions. And while that wasn't bad, it went on for a bit too long. Easily two-thirds of the movie was on the ship and comprised of a dialog between the only two characters with any real screentime. By the time we do get to the planet, we only really see it for a short amount of time. The Baron and the Gatekeeper were basically cameos when they should have played a bigger role in the movie.

Next we get a time-skip which shows the main character has survived on the planet for a while and has clearly went through a harrowing ordeal. However, we don't really know what that ordeal is. I can imagine it, but I feel the meat of the movie should have taken place here. I want to see the tortures the Gatekeeper/Harbingers put this guy though. I understand this is a fan movie and the budget isn't there for amazing set design, but you did the same thing with the set for the spaceship.

However, the audio borrowed from the series was used pretty well and helped to bring a sense of foreboding to the story. You knew something was going to happen and not only that, you knew it wasn't going to be good. The Baron and the Gatekeeper were cool when they were onscreen, and the scene with Obama speaking with the Atmosfear music in the background was completely brilliant!

I feel the movie would have been better for me if it wasn't labeled as an Atmosfear movie. If it had a different title, I wouldn't have had my expectations colored by my knowledge of the series. The usage of the Atmosfear assets would have been really cool nods, and would have increased the enjoyment of people who are familiar with the series.

So in short:
Less time in space, more time on the planet would have made this a better movie.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby flanaganpictures » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:07 am

Thanks very much for the well worded review. There is a sequel being drafted as we speak which will feature all the nuances in the aforementioned review. Essentially, the film was written as an original sci-fi movie, as you pointed out the "Atmosfear" elements were later added, which hopefully didn't mar the film, albeit it probably should have been included more as you say.

Enclosing, I'm still proud of the finished product, given the budget on the characters of the franchise, there wasn't a whole lot more we could possibly have done with to add more depth to the characters. This will be heavily noted in the sequel though which will be an Atmosfear film, as opposed to a space film with Amtosfear cameos.

Thanks again!
flanaganpictures
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:36 pm

As I said in my review, seeing it as a non-Atmosfear film removes the expectations and so based on your response, I look forward to seeing what the sequel has to offer!

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby Word Tweak » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:16 pm

What did everyone think of this fan film? All three parts can be viewed via YouTube.

I thought it was terrible. When you borrow assets and ideas from Nightmare you hype the expectations of those invested in the source material. What was the point?
Word Tweak
Numbskull
Numbskull

Previous

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)