Skip to content

NTSC Khufu Problems

The series has moved on from VHS to DVDs and mobile apps, but are they really better? Reviews, questions, and general discussion about them go here.

NTSC Khufu Problems

Postby marr0w » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 pm

Yes, yes. I know. Khufu doesn't play on NTSC. However, these days there are converters and all that insanity. Of the people who have acquired or played Khufu in the land without PAL, how'd you do it? Any tips? My computer's DVD and Blu-ray drives (nor my media players) don't seem to want anything to do with it.

Also, has anyone yet worked out a proper conversion? We should probably put up a page explaining alternatives if that's the case. (Obviously I'm only asking for "research purposes". I would neeeeeeeever openly purchase such a thing.) ;)
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Re: NTSC Khufu Problems

Postby Nons » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:52 am

I've never attempted a PAL to NTSC conversion, but when I get back from vacation I'll happily attempt it
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 am

I've looked into it a couple times in the past. I have a junky region-free player that satisfies my purposes so I'm ok. I did manage to convert it once, but my player complained about a mismatch in disc region and video format so that's where I left it.

If someone came up with a good method to do it, I'd make a version for myself too.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby marr0w » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Nons wrote:I've never attempted a PAL to NTSC conversion, but when I get back from vacation I'll happily attempt it

Since at the moment I don't have a region free player apparently, I (and many others I'm sure) would be eternally grateful if you could manage to pull it off in a way that makes it playable. I tried looking into it too but all I could find where questionable programs you had to pay for to convert or programs which could only convert the media on the disk, not the encoding or the menus.

Wasn't there someone who was trying to replicate the Gatekeeper DVD to make an original version? Maybe they could provide input, assuming they pulled it off successfully.
"...boredom, a dangerous and deadly tool..."

marr0w
Hosts
Hosts

Return to Modern Series (Disks and Digital Era)