Skip to content

Harbingers Query

Discuss your love/hate for the original game series as well as any new updates. Anything prior to the DVD games would go here, this includes the Third Dimension and the Card Games.

Harbingers Query

Postby darkgaizat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 am

Okay, so what happens when people run out of duel cards (this happend quite frequently) and most of the keys were off the board (due to fate cards) Do people bring the duel cards back or do they dice duel or...kinda seems silly you cant reshuffle the duel cards back in. Kinda puts the game at a standstill if that's the case. (I still found Harbingers to be the best of the series. All our "Regulars" loved it and wondered what took us so long to play it)

If anyone has insight, or if making up a rule to apply is okay, let me know. Thanks,
darkgaizat
"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world."
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Re: Harbingers Query

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I don't remember any rules about this, but I would think that if a person runs out of their duel cards they can just reshuffle them and use them again. Maybe there is a real rule though and someone can clear this up?
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 pm

I hope, but it just says the cards are removed from the game. That's it...I kinda thought this would happen...ALSO, if you don't collect your duel cards, can you not be dueled? Would it not be better then to NOT collect your key outright and wait until the end? Is that just one of the strategies? Hmmm....

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 am

It's a flaw in the Harbinger rules. Technically you can't duel so you are easy pickings for others. We've ruled in the past that you either dice duel or reshuffle.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for the input! We dice dueled before I posted here. It kinda threw me off too, some characters don't have certain #'s in their decks! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 5 cards dont' equal 7 (A-7) outcomes some of them are missing some of the numbers I noticed. Crazy...

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:57 am

There are two sets of duel cards, and there is one card unique to each set.

In general, the rules for dueling are pretty weak in Harbingers. Soul Rangers did it better IMO, but you had a bit more luck to it as you needed to draw good cards.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 pm

One other thing I wasn't sure about; do you get to look at your duel cards and play the one you want or are they face down the whole time and just shuffled? We played face down.

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

You look at them.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby darkgaizat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

Oh well. Kinda makes it a little more interesting not knowing what you're going to draw, but I'll let my peeps know. Thanks for all the help guys!

darkgaizat
darkgaizat
Harbinger
Harbinger

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 am

If you enjoy it that way, then play it that way. The Gatekeeper isn't going to break down your door and banish you to the black hole if you change the duel rules.

DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Next

Return to Original Series (VHS Era)