Skip to content

App Discussion

A place to discuss upcoming official Atmosfear games and projects!

App Discussion

Postby Nons » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:58 pm

It was worth making a new topic as the replies were now about the app rather than the website :D

I'll start by asking anyone who's managed to get a working version of the App:
What is the quality of the Gatekeeper like? Is it similar to the first teaser we saw? Or more like the eye-flashing video on their youtube channel?
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Re: App Discussion

Postby sweatyjumper » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi!

The quality is the same we see in the ‘eye flashing’ video, the only real problem with the cgi is that sometimes the animations lag behind the speech.

As for the gatekeeper himself, most of the dialogue is taken from the first DVD game, so very similar personality wise, but the new actor plays him more like a tired old man who’s sick to death of how stupid the players are :) I’ve also heard some dialogue straight from the very first VHS game which was fun.

One bug I found is that occasionally a ‘scene’ will repeat itself, I’m hoping this will be patched before to long.

The other cool thing about this game is the fact you can connect other devices. Occasionally the gatekeeper will appear in one of them and insult you personally (or tell you to stop cheating)

That’s about it for now.... I’d love to hear other people first impressions
sweatyjumper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby Nons » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:20 pm

That is such a helpful description, thank you!!
Mummy on the Move!
Nons
Old One
Old One

Postby DarkWolff » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:58 am

This mirrors my experiences with the app. The fact that this feels like a rehash of the DVD game means you can tell they didn't do any research when they said "this will be a new version of the game". I haven't tried the multiplayer yet but I'm surprised they didn't input a seed for games. Do the devices interact at all?
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 pm

After the second update the loading screen will jump up and then go back down. It does seem to be loading faster however.

Also, it needs an Internet connection... Hopefully the servers don't go down for a while.
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Postby sweatyjumper » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:03 pm

So far I haven't seen any interaction between devices, but I have only ran through a whole game once.
sweatyjumper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby valveros » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:31 am

Just giving my thoughts after watching a whole session on the phone with headphones...

Pros:
-Gatekeeper actually looks good in some scenes, they play with the lighting abit throughout the game
-Music is nice, some of it is quite creepy and it builds up louder and louder as the game goes on, last minute was quite good
-Reused dialog from older games (I both love and hate this lol)
-Animation isn't as terrible as I thought it would be, sometimes his eyes completely dissapear and he just has black holes (XD) for eyes but I think this is intentional?

Cons:
-Seeing the same scenes more than once. Happened at least three times. This really needs to be sorted out
-Reused dialog from older games
-Music from around 30:00 to 10:00 got REALLY repetitive. Same three or four tracks over and over
-Gatekeeper is stilll visible on screen (completely still) after some scenes end for a few seconds, screen has half faded out but it looks really awkward
-Game kind of shit the bed in the last minute, jumped from one scene to another quickly and had awkward transitions
-Also the Gatekeeper's victory speech at the end had all these wierd sound fx (party streamers, clowns chuckling lol)? Strange but works I guess
-His appearance doesn't really change at all throughout the game (Didn't expect this to happen but would've been nice)
valveros
Toad
Toad

Postby sweatyjumper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:58 pm

One of my favourite moments so far, I was testing how the 'extra devices' worked and had the game going in the background. The gatekeeper appears on my extra device and says something along the lines of;
"There is someone at the door, and you might not want to let them in"

Cue the package delivery guy knocking on my door, pure coincidence but I nearly had a heart attack :P
sweatyjumper
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby JoshyJayJay » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 am

Hey Guys,

Copy and paste your reviews on the App Store so that the creators can see our thoughts on the app and flaws/wishes we have.

The more people that say something similar the more they’ll listen.

I really want this app to be as successful as possible.

I feel like a missed opportunity was having an ‘interactive’ part like the DVD. Eg. picking a key you want on the screen, a door to a realm, a treasure chest etc. Considering this is marketed as an ‘interactive game’

I strongly urge everyone to please post on your App Store a review so the right people can see what you think.

Especially from the views of die hard fans like ourselves. ;)
JoshyJayJay
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby MasterOfPuppets » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am

Update today. Be sure to update your review if this fixed something for you!!!

Version 6
English subtitles
Update for Google Pixel and devices that do not support h.265
Included Spanish and Portuguese versions
MasterOfPuppets
Hosts
Hosts

Next

Return to New and Upcoming Games