Skip to content

Crowdsourcing for ideas on a board/mechanics revamp

Ever created your own game or wanted to? Feel free to discuss it here!

Re: Crowdsourcing for ideas on a board/mechanics revamp

Postby megatron_85 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:22 pm

will you include some stuff from darkgaizat's "the new nightmare" game and/or "3rd dimension" pc game?
megatron_85
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:30 am

What would you like to see? I'd like to have the sewers serve a similar function as the tunnels from the PC game, but it depends on how the board works out.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Postby megatron_85 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:53 pm

i was thinking "curse cards"
megatron_85
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby megatron_85 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:39 am

maybe some "Elimination" "Unsupervised" and "Agenda" modes

for "Unsupervised mode" it has it's own "fate" & "time" cards

oh, & speaking of "time" cards are you going to create your own cards for "The Harbingers" and it's booster games?
megatron_85
Numbskull
Numbskull

Postby DarkWolff » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:40 am

I wasn't planning on making a Time deck for the harbingers game, but it's not out of the question. Maybe put that down as a nice to have. it's almost entirely possible to make a game-neutral Time deck if I did something like this:

XX:XX
Do something

ZZ:ZZ
If playing Zombie, make Dirtbag pay by [blah]

But since there isn't a consistent time keeping, I'll likely not touch the time decks at all. I may do something that ties into the major game events though.

As for curses, I was thinking about tying it into the black key. While I'm thinking every Harbinger will have multiple possible key powers for the normal keys, they'd have a single unique black key power. It will say "you cannot win" with a triggered power of some type.
You sound like the type of maggot that learnt to crawl before you walked but never got to the walking part. -- The Gatekeeper

please take one step forward - oh, and watch that first step, its a doozy, you are BANISHED! --The Gatekeeper...to me.
DarkWolff
Hosts
Hosts

Previous

Return to Fan Games